Unit Painting Fun Time (No longer a League/Competition)

phreedh

I was going to do the redemptionists first, but decided on an earlier regiment of renown saving the redemptionists for another day.

Asslessman":2llxt095 said:
Hello everybody,

For my new arrival here, I've decided to join this challenge as well, don't know yet if I'm in with red redemptionists or RT chaos marines though...

Damn, I would have loved to be the 13th...

Asslessman

Well, now I want to try to nail my Kaleb Daark 2.0 "EPIC 28mm" style and I think this challenge is the good opportunity...

Asslessman

I know what you mean, My Helwud is mising a horse too, I've reisgned myself to getting rid of him... (in an honorable way of course)

zedmeister

I really need to get my painting arse in gear as well. I've got piles of old lead that I keep longingly looking at wondering why I'm not going faster. So, yep, I'll take part in this group painting challenge.

It could form something like:

"Paint 2000pts worth of WHFB 3rd troops between the lot of you" and see if we can post a combined photo of all the stuff we managed to get done...

Just John

Excellent. We'll take it easy for the first one, just get people into the swing of things. We might do something along those lines later in the year.

Harry

I like the idea of little challenges ... bit like on LAF ... but more vague so you can interpret it different ways.
It amuses me trying to bend the rules to paint what you want. :grin:

Or things everyone can contribute to at different levels .... paint the smallest mini you own, the oldest, fave character and tell us why, Not even his mother could love this mini but I have a soft spot for it ... etc.

Like the idea of group painting challenges too.

Asslessman

Harry":16kuqg2h said:
Or things everyone can contribute to at different levels .... paint the smallest mini you own, the oldest, fave character and tell us why, Not even his mother could love this mini but I have a soft spot for it ... etc.

Like the idea of group painting challenges too.

That's the exact idea why I launched this contest : http://bestminiever.blogspot.fr/

I like the idea of people all showing their version of one mini or someone proving that one is the best by showing it with the best PJ he can manage... i've got someone trying to paint his fave for teh end of teh contest to cheer it up!

Later I would people to tell which range they like and which particular mini phey love in that range.

Things like that or Group challenges are brilliant in that everyone wins at the end.

Just John

Still time to get your entries ready and join in the fun. There are now 13 of us and we'll all be cursed with terrible bad luck if we don't get a 14th member :) So stop your lurking and get painting.

Blue in VT

So I'm in.. Just need to get a photo of the Bret halberds I need to paint...I should be able to do that by the end of next when I'm slightly more Mobil than I Am right now....stupid ankle!

So save me a spot if nothing else.

Cheers,

Blue

Just John

Thats good news - I'll put a photo of a pair of crutches in your slot of the intro thread :grin:

How did the op go?

Blue in VT

Haha...that's terriblem phreedh!

The operation went smooth but my ankle hurts even worse now.... Who knew that slicing you leg open and putting screws into bones could hurt so bad!? :? Even the "good" drugs they are giving arent knocking it
Down very effectively....sigh.

Oh well...this too shall pass!

I hope

Blue

Chico

Blue in VT":1l5mbzly said:
Haha...that's terriblem phreedh!

The operation went smooth but my ankle hurts even worse now.... Who knew that slicing you leg open and putting screws into bones could hurt so bad!? :? Even the "good" drugs they are giving arent knocking it
Down very effectively....sigh.

Oh well...this too shall pass!

I hope

Blue

Heh when i was 11 i got run over by a car and had my foot/ankle crushed and had metal pins and plates put in. 18 years later and my ankle still causes me problems.

And oh if i can get my hands on some Rape Lizards in time i'd like to join up :)

Just John

Chico":2wwb0nie said:
And oh if i can get my hands on some Rape Lizards in time i'd like to join up :)

Oh I think we'll allow you to join in anyway. Just let me know when you get your act together :grin:

Thantsants

Aha hello everyone - I'm back from self imposed LPL exiledom!

I'd like to sign up too - not sure if I'm too late for this round or if I can join in later? What were the dates again for sending primed models and the finished product - to save me trawling back through the thread!

Sounds like a good way to circumvent the usual post-LPL lull :mrgreen:

Just John

Welcome back Thansants - if it wasn't for your work on LPL I would've assumed you dropped off the planet. Feel free to join in. Today's the deadline but there have already been a few extensions granted - one for a broken foot and another for a lack of figures. I'm also waiting on another 2 entrants to send me the photos (you both know who you are!!) So send the photos to me whenever you get a chance and I'll add you in.

Thantsants

Yeah its been a bit weird being away. A couple of times I stopped by to see what was going on but I felt like the kid looking through the shop window knowing he couldn't go in! :cry:

Normal service should be resumed now.

I'll endeavour to get a pic to you later this evening.

phreedh

Thantsants":38wqau7f said:
Yeah its been a bit weird being away. A couple of times I stopped by to see what was going on but I felt like the kid looking through the shop window knowing he couldn't go in! :cry:

Normal service should be resumed now.

I'll endeavour to get a pic to you later this evening.
Had me worried for a while buddy. =)

Back