Snakemen

Golgfag1

Like where this is heading, big time; as I've a large (Tom Meier) lizardmen force which I could mix in with my Snakemen :grin: As I've a long weekend off - I'll mull over my library and other sources and place my thoughts on an army list here in due course for you to contemplate & comment on ;) , no doubt to be shot down in flames :lol: :lol: :lol:

Paul / Golgfag

Golgfag1":1e2qgclo said:
Like where this is heading, big time; as I've a large (Tom Meier) lizardmen force which I could mix in with my Snakemen :grin: As I've a long weekend off - I'll mull over my library and other sources and place my thoughts on an army list here in due course for you to contemplate & comment on ;) , no doubt to be shot down in flames :lol: :lol: :lol:

Paul / Golgfag

Wouldn't dream of shooting down your work - can't wait to see what you come up with :grin:

Golgfag1

Captain Crooks} Wouldn't dream of shooting down your work - can't wait to see what you come up with :D[/quote said:
No need, I do a pretty good job myself. :lol:

This is taking much longer to formulate than originally thought - not because there are too many loose end, but because it all seems to fit quite logically - the living beneath the earth, 'seeing' in the dark the interconnection between the cold-blooded races and their diversification. it's just putting it all down on paper to allow others to contemplate & ruminate and draw their own conclusions that takes the time. So bear with me as I try to put this into words, please. :)

Paul / Golgfag1

Golgfag1

WIP - A re-edit of my previous post :-

I’ll trying to develop a Slann/Lizardman army list for warhammer (for any edition you care to use) so here are my initial thoughts - please comment if you think I’m off beam or on the right track because this may easily go off side-ways. :lol:

The history of the Warhammer world is reasonable well know to those who are interested in such things and so I’ll only briefly mention it, when I think I need to, so forgive me, if this seems poorly referenced. :o :shock: :o

The Slann arrived on the old world (I'm running with 2nd edition here) and in their infinite wisdom persecuted the indigenous Cold-blood (Lizardman) population, driving them underground and into the further reaches of the wilderness with their science/magic - something the Lizardmen had no need or contact with, up to this point. Where the lizardmen couldn’t hide/run free, they reluctantly fell under the influence of the Slann - where they were used as a disposable labour / defence force when required.

Then at the height of their powers - came the great fall of the Slann and the entry of Chaos into the old world - leaving the ‘new races’ to rise & fall on their own.

Now here’s my summary of ideas for developing this list;

The original Cold-bloods(Lizardmen) were always living underground (ambient temperature and all that), so had access to the whole plant before the Slann arrived; they had no concept of science/magic as they simply didn’t need it; Their a long-lived race so their ideas of self are different to our own, so may appear dumb/stupid/slow, they’re not, they just consider all options before acting; thus they simply retired away from the Slann’s transgressions to contemplate their response, and so as the world turned and the Slann fell from grace - the Cold-bloods reviewed the changing circumstances and saw a very different world - so, to ensure their place in the world they integrated with the remaining Slann rather than take revenge (as I said before they have a different perspective - the Slann could help them defend themselves against the ‘new’ races with their remaining magic/ science and thus are held in high regard). Knowing little about Cold-bloods I’m informed by others that Cold- bloods have some very interesting reproduction options which aren’t open to the other races - cross genus, self fertilization etc etc. So, makes for some interesting options in the development of the sub-species and thus Army lists.

Enjoy

Paul / Golgfag1

Back