Do you now, or have you ever, played D&D?

Do you now, or have you ever, played D&D?

• OD&D (whitebox)

Votes: 2 7.7%
  • AD&D (Hardbacks)

Votes: 20 76.9%
  • Basic D&D (Holmes or Metzner)

Votes: 10 38.5%
  • Other RPG (Runequest, Traveller etc.)

Votes: 14 53.8%
  • What's an RPG?

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • LARP

Votes: 2 7.7%
  • No. Never.

Votes: 3 11.5%

• Total voters

Zhu Bajie

Just thought I'd get a feel for how the Oldhammer community crosses over with the other gaming fraternity!

Padre

Started with Traveller circa 1983. Moved to WFRP and stuck with that a long time. Enjoyed D6 Star Wars for some years. Got heavily, very heavily, involved in my home-made RP involving 'dream intrusion'. Now do bits and bobs as occasion demands. Like about to run my first WFRP scenario in years for some old friends at a stag do. I've run stuff at the UK student gaming nationals several times. Always a GM, never a player (well, lets say 30 years of RP involved a LOT of GMing, campaigns etc, but you can count on one hand how many times I've been a player!) Oh, and found out this week that a scenario I wrote years ago is gonna appear in the final issue of a WFRP magazine. Won't say what or when until I see it. Don't want to jinx it, especially as in the 90s one mag died just before an article of mine was gonna appear.

Oh, and I don't LARP, but I do reenact.

ardyer

Started with D&D (after TSR had separated AD&D), then moved to other things. Haven't played an rpg in about six years now though.

exilesjjb

Started with a Tunnels and Trolls (DM'd by my dad with all my mates) then up to AD&D at the wargames club then ended up with WFRP again Dad DM'ing with School mates

Thantsants

Only roleplaying I ever did was recently online with Erny's Enemy Within Campaign.

I did inherit a ton of D&D stuff from a friend of my Mother-in-Law (they sometimes do have their uses!) but its been sat in a box for a while now as I'm still scratching my head over what to do with it.

I'd like to put it to use sometime and somehow so have been reluctant to get rid of it!

Just John

Started with AD&D the day Chernobyl blew up. Played for about 10 years then switched to Earthdawn which I really loved. Then our group sort of drifted apart, going to different parts of the country and it just got more difficult to arrange a session. Tried Traveller too but with a Robotech flavour.

wytchelf

Started with boxed D&D while at school. Played Traveller on holidays with friends. AD&D, Stormbringer, MERP and Paranoia whilst in training after joining the RAF.
No. 2 daughter still plays AD&D at an after school club.

Kev

bug16

In terms of RPG's we got bored of D&D and AD&D very quickly and moved onto Traveller, GW Judge Dredd (lots of fun) and Paranoia 1st/2nd GW edition (stupid amounts of fun). Friends bought MERP (GW boxed version), Stormbringer (GW hardback version), and Runequest (GW hardback version) but we never played them more than once or twice. WHFRP 1st edition was massively popular at school but I was busy playing the original TMNT RPG. Oh and we had a brief spell playing Shadowrun.

The only LARPing I did was playing Steve Jackson's Killer one school holiday. Oops, I guess I should've ticked the LARP box. ;)

I haven't played an RPG since around 1992. They were fun times but I've kindof lost interest in them. :(

Naagruz

Started with AD&D around '81 & graduated to MERP before moving to WFRP. Still love the Erol Otus artwork! ;)

Harry

Thantsants":agbk0xyy said:
Only roleplaying I ever did was recently online with Erny's Enemy Within Campaign.

I did inherit a ton of D&D stuff from a friend of my Mother-in-Law (they sometimes do have their uses!) but its been sat in a box for a while now as I'm still scratching my head over what to do with it.

I'd like to put it to use sometime and somehow so have been reluctant to get rid of it!
First thing you do is check in that box and see if there is a module in there B10 Nights Dark Terror.
I have played mine until it literally fell to pieces. :grin:

I played D&D and loads of other games.
I collected Role Playing Games as compulsively as I have Warhammer since.

Zhu Bajie

I played a lot of D&D, a lot of Paranoia, ran a short TMNT campaign (not very 'gritty' - very over the top and fun) and some WFRP. Started out with FF. Haven't played in years.

Thantsants, check if you have Hidden Shrine of Tamoachan (or Lost Shrine in earlier versions) - very Lustrian.

phreedh

We used to play the swedish equivalent of D&D, called (translated) "Dragons and Demons". It was based on Chaosium's generic fantasy system and then expanded on with a lot of supplements developed inhouse at the company that would later become Target Games. Chronopia as a game setting was created for that very rule set when it was heavily revised in the 90s and the old campaign setting was dropped.

In addition to that we played D6 Star Wars (which was published on license in Swedish), Chill (also translated on license) and Mutant (which was a Gamma World translation but with a proprietary setting and plenty of supplements developed by the Swedish company. Mutant was heavily revised too, and the new setting created is the one used in Mutant Chronicles/Warzone.

In later years, I've dabbled with D&D D20 as a dungeon crawling engine (scrapped that) and also looked at Labyrinth Lord and other retro clones. No actual role playing though. I just want to recreate the feeling of Bard's Tale or Dungeon Master on the table top.

Erny

DnD and Merp in my formative RP years 10-12 (I guess not so many of the rules were actually used).
First properly GMed by me game was advanced fighting fantasy and all the rules were used. Quickly went onto WHFR which we played for ages.
AD&D, Paranioa, Cuthulhu and Harnmaster followed but I was a player.
GMed Shadowrun for a campaign
We used to play Toon at lunch time at school (yeah we was cool!) That was loads of fun spent most of the time laughing.
Had a break from it all at Uni.
Then since getting my first job:
GMed WHFRP again.
Gurps modern as player.
GMed WHFRP 2.
GMed 2nd ed AD&D.
GMed some Labyrinth Lord (blend of basic DnD & AD&D).
Dark Heresy as player.

Play by post LL on their website.
Started WHFRP by post but it ground to a halt late last year. Would consider starting it up again on Roll20.

First played basic (Elmore cover, barbarian taking on a red dragon) at about age 6 I think, thanks to my older brother.

My character was a fighter called Llewellyn, oh the excitement of taking on the carrion crawler at the gate, the kobolds in the courtyard, the moldy cups and plates and the harpy in the fireplace :mrgreen:

Went on to play some of basic modules and a few expert games too, the brown module with kobolds on the front stands out in particular.

I later got into the Palladium RPGs via TMNT and Robotech, played a lot of Rifts too.

Back