The Car Boot Report

Zhu Bajie

Does everyone have Car Boot Sales in the rest of the world? They're like Jumble Sales, or possibly a crowd-sourced flea-market. People park their cars up and sell stuff out of the back on rickety wallpaper paste tables. I know. Anyways, thought I'd make a tread to chronicle charity shop and thrift store finds and the like.

On Sunday I scored:

• Warhammer Fantasy Battle 7th Edition Hardback (bumped corners)
    WH40K Hardback, I dunno, whatever edition came out in 2008 (bumped corners)

For a quid the pair! worth every penny.

Although I can't actually find any rules in the books, just a massive miniatures catalogue!

Other than that, nothing, no Fighting Fantasy books or RPG stuff.

Top Tip - if a man and his wife have old gaming stuff for sale, wait till the mans back is turned then ask 'how much for these old books / toys', she'll price them to sell quickly!

Thantsants

Just been through the oxfam shop in Keswick where I bought the four Greystar The Wizard books (World of Lone Wolf) last year - nothing this time though sadly, although charity shops are often worth a quick look.

Still I'll be using this week to play through them properly - that and the Two player Fighting Fantasy adventure - the name escapes me now.

The wife likes a good carboot and I often come along to keep an eye out - nothing much so far apart from badly painted new 40k plastics and recent editions of White Dwarf.

I also had 6th ed. Fantasy rules passed on by a friend sorting stuff out for a carboot and one of the later 40k rules - can't remember which edition.

Orlygg

I picked up 7 second edition WFRP books at the Boreham Car Boot in Essex a few months ago for £20. Sold them for £270 on eBay a few weeks later. My wife and I regularly attend Boot Sales and I dream of finding old school treasure every time. Citadel Giant anyone?

treps

We also have this kind of markets here, but this is very rare when I manage to find miniatures, I usually buy Lego and Playmobil to the kids, but the wargaming community in France is very small compared to the UK (GW turn over is bigger in the UK than in all continental Europe).

Bruno

Zhu Bajie

Went to a car boot today. Saw a good few Black Library Horus Heresy novels, not interested. Did see some Army Books (Last Eldar codex and 7th Ed Dark Elves) the bloke had put a price label of £17 on them. I offered him £2 for the pair, and was told they were 'collectors items', hmm, not at that price they're not!

Other than that, not a sausage.

phreedh

fuljason":2hxzh5om said:
all I ever used to see was 100's of copies of Heroquest
J
Which should be purchased promptly!

I buy any gaming bargain I run across, if nothing else to resell. Never had much luck though! I've scored a few nice lots on the Swedish equivalent of eBay, but that's it.

Mutantdale

I have had a lot of bargains over the years at bootsales. My mum runs a second hand shop and goes every week and brings back any lead she finds for me :)
My favourite item I got was a signed eldar codex from 2nd edition full of signatures with a 2000pts army for £10 also got a lot of box games off the same stall for £2 each. Her son had gone to uni and let mum clear out his stuff...

MD

I've never found anything in charity shops, although I can't say I generally browse those places. Years ago someone on Frothers found a load of stuff in a skip! Someone else had their collection dumped at the tip by an angry wife. It's a scary world. :lol:

Heyer

You guys make me jealous,here in spain there is nothing similar to the car boot :cry: ,you are so lucky. :grin:

Mutantdale

I had forgot about this thread

Got another bundle in a charity shop over the weekend :grin:
Lots of 4th edition warhammer army books and a few 40k 2nd edition codices at £1.25 each near mint.... picked up 12 in total including another elder codex so I don't have to thumb through my signed one..
My mum also gave me a load of metal mech warrior mechs (no idea what to do with them yet..).

Happy hunting
MD :ugeek:

Back