Help finding the perfect Genestealer Cult Limo

Chico

Hey,

After searching though so many internet pages trying to find that perfect (Read: Cheap and in Scale) Limo to use in my Genestealer cult i've came up which very little. Either there too plain or there 2 small, so i'm asking my favourite bunch of people for there help. What scale would you use and what model.

1354165315610.png

(Idea i was going for)

Cheers my lovelys,
Chico

Just John

How about something like this
MercedesSS1928-1.jpg

or this

Mercedes77LGrande1938.jpg

They're both yesteryear toys 1:43 scale. I use this scale with my Irish War of Independence figs and they scale up well. I'm sure they can be picked up eaily (cheaply) enough on ebay

There are more on this site
viewtopic.php

Chico

While looking at Ramshackle, i did come across there Pickup Truck which looks quite tasty :grin: Not what im after but i may pick up one/two none the less.

PU_col_sides.jpg

Naagruz

Can you scratchbuild around an existing frame?

Given that 40K stuff is a bunch of 1/48th scale guys with 1/35th scale heads/hands/feet, & 1/20th scale firearms, I think the only mistake you can make is going too small. I'd lose the die-cast stuff immediately because it's less workable. Try sawing through a die-cast roof or frame for an adjustment. :lol:

1/24th scale cars can be great if you are comfortable cutting them down a bit. I'm using a '49 Mercury "Lead Sled" for my limo & have seen great results with other 1/24th scale cars. Some of the Chevy station wagons seem ideal.

If converting 1/24 is daunting, then there are a shedload of 1/35 german staff cars of all shapes that should provide good options for a limo.

Grab some p-card, chaos bits, putty, & go nuts!

phreedh

So... in the grim darkness of the future there is only war. And a 1940s car from earth repurposed by the dark and nefarious powers?

I'd say go with an existing 40K vehicle. Then again, I have no idea what a genestealer cult limo really is. I get scooby doo imagery in my mind, but I get that a lot so it might not be because of the limo thing. :?

Orlygg

Fluff wise, the style of limo would depend on the technological level of the world the patriarch would be attempting to enslave, so anything goes really. They would hope to blend in as long as possible.

Chico

Naagruz":1hpml9nz said:
Can you scratchbuild around an existing frame?

Given that 40K stuff is a bunch of 1/48th scale guys with 1/35th scale heads/hands/feet, & 1/20th scale firearms, I think the only mistake you can make is going too small. I'd lose the die-cast stuff immediately because it's less workable. Try sawing through a die-cast roof or frame for an adjustment. :lol:

1/24th scale cars can be great if you are comfortable cutting them down a bit. I'm using a '49 Mercury "Lead Sled" for my limo & have seen great results with other 1/24th scale cars. Some of the Chevy station wagons seem ideal.

If converting 1/24 is daunting, then there are a shedload of 1/35 german staff cars of all shapes that should provide good options for a limo.

Grab some p-card, chaos bits, putty, & go nuts!

I'm very limited in using plastacard, so i'd prefer to keep it minimal level or not at all heh. I will look into 1/24th scale and 1/35 Staff cars. Many thanks.

phreedh":1hpml9nz said:
So... in the grim darkness of the future there is only war. And a 1940s car from earth repurposed by the dark and nefarious powers?

I'd say go with an existing 40K vehicle. Then again, I have no idea what a genestealer cult limo really is. I get scooby doo imagery in my mind, but I get that a lot so it might not be because of the limo thing. :?

To give you an idea of what a Genestealer Cult Limo is meant to look like check out this picture:

403985_10151216618660149_540417825_n.jpg

Orlygg":1hpml9nz said:
Fluff wise, the style of limo would depend on the technological level of the world the patriarch would be attempting to enslave, so anything goes really. They would hope to blend in as long as possible.

Well the fluff behind my cult is based around the Cult of the Children in the 1st Ed Space Hulk with a few changes. So quite technical/advanced world. So a top of the range Limo for the Cult leaders and Trucks for my Hybrids/Flesh.

bug16":1hpml9nz said:

Thats not bad, looks a little naff but its made my possable list :).

Cheers
Chico

Coincidentally I'm putting together a blog post on Bryan's Genestealer Cult (he took it to the Rogue Trader day at Wargames Foundry back in December). Anyway, given how long it normally takes me to write anything I thought you might like to see images of the 2 limos rather than waiting for my post:

tn_063_zps0b016b85.jpg

tn_067_zps3ce91f3c.jpg

tn_068_zps13d9093e.jpg

tn_069_zps4ab44009.jpg

tn_070_zpsc3965e3f.jpg

tn_071_zps9d4213f4.jpg

tn_072_zpsbd3752d9.jpg

tn_073_zps49bb5dd9.jpg

cheers
Steve

Chico

Thanks for posting those pictures steve, wonderful stuff :)

Naagruz that link was great many thanks mate.

Orlygg

Great to see more of Bryan's collection. Brilliant models there, do we know who built and painted them back in the day.

Back