Google Fu brokn - need help id'ing some Orcs

Just John

I've been going thru the lead pile and have found figures I don't recognise (or in some cases remember buying)
I'm sure some of these are bleeding obvious but I'm just not having much luck. Well any idead?

Unkown%2520%25282%2529.JPG

Unkown%2520%25283%2529.JPG

Unkown%2520%25284%2529.JPG

Unkown%2520%25285%2529.JPG

Unkown%2520%25286%2529.JPG

Unkown%2520%25287%2529.JPG

Unkown%2520%25288%2529.JPG

Unkown%2520%25289%2529.JPG

Unkown%2520%252810%2529.JPG

Unkown%2520%252811%2529.JPG

Blue in VT

Well I can help with a couple...

The 7th one down...bloke with sword and a little nubbin coming out of his foot is from the Marauder MB6 Orc Battle Chariot

http://www.solegends.com/marauder/mb06orcchariot.htm (BTW if anyone has the guy with the axe or the archer from this picture that they want to part with please let me know.

And in the bottom picture...upper right hand corner...orc with shield, spiked helmet, and curved sword is a Harlequin figure...or heartbreaker...I can't remember which...but not citadel.

Anyway...there is a start for you...I'm sure the big brains will be along to help with the rest. ( I really like the guy in the 6th picture...with the pole arm...awesome fig!)

Cheers,

Blue

Just John

Thanks Blue - he's a great figure isn't he. Says GW 1987 on the tab but for the life of me I can't find him in the catalogues.

Orlygg

Pretty sure the first image is a chaos goblin... quite a rare one too. No photos in the catalogue if I recall correctly!

Erny

Chap with the bat wing fin on the top of his helmet is the alternate rider for the mid/late 80's wyvern.

The last picture shows three heartbreaker orcs and goblins by the goblin master from the 90's. the big one in the right hand corner is a harlequin giant Orc.

Almost all the rest I recognise from various releases in WD through the second half of the 80's.

Just John

Thanks Erny and Phreedh

Don't know how many times I looked at that page and never saw #7

Is there a source for the variants? Do they all have variants or do we know haow many there are. Does this mean that there are more orcs for me to collect. NOOOOOOO!

Erny

Forget about being a completest. Does it look cool? Does it fit in with my other stuff? That's the only questions I ask of a mini, you sort of become aware of when they were released and with what else but I try not to get fixated on the numbers. That way lies madness and getting stuff yoiu don't really like just to complete a set!

Just John

Wise words Erny, sometimes the 'completest' in me raises its ugly head and as you say that way lies madness.

On a slightly related note I was reading recently how psychologists now say that one of the reasons men like collecting things (more so than women) is that the brain reacts in a similar way when we get that final piece as when a hunt is successfully completed. In other words we are actually (and literally) hunting down those last figures.

phreedh

Just John":22jv7cgc said:
Wise words Erny, sometimes the 'completest' in me raises its ugly head and as you say that way lies madness.

I'm a completeist through and through. =) I do however limit the madness by setting a clear definition of "complete". For my orcs, it's the 1988 catalogue. Variants are fun, but I'm content to have the complete catalogue pages. I just love these orcs too much to not get them all! =)

Back