Chrome Malware warnings

Dreamfish

Administrator
Yes, me too. It has to do with posts contaning images hosted on domains which apperently are listed as malware domains.

Just John

Especially those residing in the NL apparently! Is it something to be worried about or is Chrome just being over sensitive?

Dreamfish

Administrator
Chrome is being a bit oversensitive if you ask me. As long as you know where it's coming from you should be fine.

Padre

I've had these warnings for about a week now - only on certain pages in certain threads, which presumably, like it has been said, contain links to sites Chrome doesn't like.

I just don't read those pages and read something else. Like this thread, which has no warnings. ('Twould be ironic if someone links something here that creates the very problem this thread aims to discuss.)

Dreamfish

Administrator
This thread "Rogue Trader Space Marines and Squats [PICS]" raises the error. The domains on which the pictures are hosted are members.lycos.nl and members.multimania.nl and are marked as suspect of malware. No big deal really, but very annoying nonetheless. So, Pil if you're reading this, please use photobucket or other trusted hosting domains for your images.

Oh and one more thing... Pil is hosting his avatar on "http://members.multimania.nl/Pil3/painkillerani2-80.gif". Threads become corrupted as soon as Pil posts a message. Hosting the avatar on a trusted domain should solve the issue. I'll page him about it.

phreedh

Dreamfish":ebcsbs9k said:
Threads become corrupted as soon as Pil posts a message.
Ha! That's a truth if ever I heard one! :grin:

Photobucket is blocked here at work. Hosting there is bad, m'kay?

DaImp

Yeah I get the malware warnings on several topics (also on several Oldhammer blogs).
It is an irritation but I don't think its too much to worry about. Would be nice to fix though.

Back