the cutest thing you've ever seen POP QUIZ ROUND 2!

dhifdjdrd

25mm round slotta base. but... red plastic

!?!

kMXCHoj.jpg

Juxt

I had some in the mid-90's, almost certainly from a boxed game: space crusade? Tyranid attack? 1st ed space hulk?
The scouts in advanced space crusade came in coloured plastic in some sets, including that red but I can't remember if the bases did too...

Edit: Almost certain it was dungeonbowl/bloodbowl now I think about it

EricF

Administrator
Blood bowl (2nd Ed) had solid coloured 25mm round bases. Dungeon Bowl (well my copy at least) had grey bases with coloured rings that you snapped around the edge which made the base up to a full 25mm.

dhifdjdrd

Juxt":23gi49nw said:
Almost certain it was dungeonbowl/bloodbowl now I think about it

EricF":23gi49nw said:
Blood bowl (2nd Ed) had solid coloured 25mm round bases. Dungeon Bowl (well my copy at least) had grey bases with coloured rings that you snapped around the edge which made the base up to a full 25mm.

Bravo Sirs!
Thank you both.

I think I'm going to struggle to find a "Round-3" miniature-base challenge to tax ye-oldhammer-minds!
So I'll leave this with the floor. Anybody else with a curious slotta-base in their collection?

Zhu Bajie

Advanced Heroquest also has coloured bases.

dhifdjdrd":hjp1hqne said:
I think I'm going to struggle to find a "Round-3" miniature-base challenge to tax ye-oldhammer-minds!
So I'll leave this with the floor. Anybody else with a curious slotta-base in their collection?

Did you know that slotta bases are not all identical, and have different numbers on them? Not sure how you might turn that into a challenge :grin:

Zhu Bajie":1f3o1czk said:
Advanced Heroquest also has coloured bases.

dhifdjdrd":1f3o1czk said:

Did you know that slotta bases are not all identical, and have different numbers on them? Not sure how you might turn that into a challenge :grin:

Four green ones, intended as substitutes for Skaven characters, mentioned in the rules, if one didn't have access to or didn't intend to buy the appropriate metal miniature. Didn't notice this the first time and assumed these were for the heroes... :roll:

Back