the cutest thing you've ever seen?

dhifdjdrd

W468G6y.jpg

baby base! I'd never seen one before!
Pictured next to a standard old warhammer base.
Too small for any standard slotta model. Old board game component perhaps?

dhifdjdrd":1v8osphl said:
W468G6y.jpg

baby base! I'd never seen one before!
Pictured next to a standard old warhammer base.
Too small for any standard slotta model. Old board game component perhaps?

If I'm not mistaken, the above is a 20mm round and there are models designed to fit this type of base: WotC D&D and Chainmail Goblins, Gnomes and Halflings, for instance.

dhifdjdrd

Thank you! diameters measured - 17mm underside, 16mm topside. No idea from where or when they infiltrated the collection. Mission is to find the tiniest citadel model I can to use them with!

dhifdjdrd

I dont know. I always thought the regimental bases were designed to accept the regular round 25mm bases, but I've not held on in my hands before.

dhifdjdrd

They could be you know... because a rectangular base 50mm in length isn't going to accomodate 2x 25mm circular bases. And a 75mm rectangle isn't going to accomodate the 3. It fits... The collection I pulled these out of was 84-88 dated by the paints and models. I can't say nothing from outside citadel entered the collection, but yes - I think you nailed it! Thank you! Good thinking!

dhifdjdrd

dhifdjdrd":3onzln25 said:
They could be you know... because a rectangular base 50mm in length isn't going to accomodate 2x 25mm circular bases. And a 75mm rectangle isn't going to accomodate the 3. It fits... The collection I pulled these out of was 84-88 dated by the paints and models. I can't say nothing from outside citadel entered the collection, but yes - I think you nailed it! Thank you! Good thinking!

The question arising - what on earth would have been mounted in these? A regular slotta miniature is too big no? Specific citadel Goblins / Halfings as been suggested perhaps? Seems a strange product to release where it doesn't offer a practical use for the majority of the company's output.

Juxt

Regiments of renown came with these I think. I've definitely seen the dwarf one with them, and the skeleton one too.
Perhaps the idea was just to cut down the tabs on any mini to fit?

dhifdjdrd":iudls955 said:
According to the pic, unless a typo, Type A is 20x50mm and Type B is 25x75mm...

According to this eBay listing, CITADEL - Games Workshop - 54 x 18mm Round Bases & 8 Regiment Holders Warhammer, these were designed for 18mm bases...

dhifdjdrd

Juxt":lmd7ykzc said:
Regiments of renown came with these I think. I've definitely seen the dwarf one with them, and the skeleton one too.

sleepy sunday! :grin: yeah as a kid my models were treasures but I'd still cut them up and convert them. When I posted my reply, the idea of cutting a 30+ year old model didn't even enter my head! Feeling really old now, thanks! :lol:

Juxt":yp7nbnh0 said:

Yup, this. Loads of tabs don't/didn't even fit in standard 20mm bases if placed horizontally, you have to chop them down. You had to be quite ruthless to get them to fit into the regimental bases.

Fimm McCool

Yes, they pushed into rectangular unit bases so that you could twist them to rank up/break up the uniformity. In my foolish youth I thought they had been based thusly so you could remove individual models from the unit base and was very sad when I realised that wasn't so.

Back