Oldhammer Art Contest: Winners!

b5mR2ni.jpg

Drumroll!

Winners of Oldhammer Art Contest

Open Theme

We had a whole bunch of great entries, with submissions spanning from Goblins flying Wyverns, through stomping Giants to Beakies! It was very nice to see all these richly varied artworks! :)

And the winners are:

HGgOUIr.jpg

52lFpbf.jpg

ewMwFql.jpg

1st Place: Entry #7 - Xanatan!
2nd Place: Entry #1 - PantherV!
3rd Place: Entry #5 - Ketil Trout!

The entry key!

01 - PantherV
02 - Bolg
03 - lgmdaniel
04 - AranaszarSzuur
05 - Ketil Trout
06 - Karak Norn Clansman
07 - Xanatan

And now for the prizes!

Xanatan will claim one unpainted kit of 10 Ceramics of Ancient Times:

lIDAC65.jpg

While PantherV will comb home 1 single unpainted Elf Heavy Archer of Ancient Times (not Oldhammer style, but could be used as a statue):

zg0cwBX.jpg

And Ketil Trout will get an unpainted Desiccated Corpse of Ancient Times for all his necromantic needs:

gO5wV5j.jpg

A big "thanks" to everyone who participated and voted!

And that's it for this round of Oldhammer Art Contest, folks. Feel free to talk about your artwork here, show WIP shots etc. There will eventually be a second Oldhammer art contest, so that my friend Andrew Taylor get a chance to enter when his life is less hectic. And remember, if you like the creativity and fun generated by these kinds of contests, then you can always run your own from time to time. ;)

Cheers!

Ketil Trout

Thanks for organising this, thanks to the voters. Congratulations to the gold and silver winners, and all those who took part. I enjoyed seeing something a bit different but still related to miniatures.

Xanatan

Thanks for organizing this contest! Very happy with the results ofcourse, but also just happy to be motivated to draw things :). For me this is a really fun way to focus on a drawing and really taking the time to finish it (had some luck with the delays in planning this time)!

It's really nice to see all the drawings of the other artists as well. I really like seeing the arts, but I also think it's fun to see how other artists imagine this fantasy universe.

Posting all prizes tomorrow.

There'll be a second Oldhammer art comp down the line, and perhaps it will be a sporadic feature in the future given the great response here? ;)

At any rate, we also run regular art contests on the Ninth Age. It's basically Warhammer Fantasy with different names and a great lot of extra stuff (but not IP-specific stuff like Chaos Gods with their particular symbols), obviously welcome to Oldhammer styles: https://i.imgur.com/dlmQkB6.jpg

Just a tip if you want to create some artwork for similar contests. New T9A contests of every type gets announced here on Oldhammer, if you'd like to subscribe to be notified.

Cheers!

PantherV

Congratulations to the other winners! Well deserved! And thank you Matte for organising it and your generous prizes. Cant wait for the next one.....

All the best

Tom

Congratulations to the winners and a thanks for sharing to the rest of the participants! It was nice to see some "Oldhammerness" expressed with two-dimensional art - a lot of the artwork could have fitted quite well in, say, the 3rd ed. rulebook :)

Sleepysod

LilBroGrendel":2t5p7g4l said:
Congratulations to the winners and a thanks for sharing to the rest of the participants! It was nice to see some "Oldhammerness" expressed with two-dimensional art - a lot of the artwork could have fitted quite well in, say, the 3rd ed. rulebook :)

And the banner art to this thread is equally lovely and 2nd - 3rd edition-ish!

Back