Oldhammer Art Contest

b5mR2ni.jpg

Oldhammer Art Contest: Open Theme

Welcome to an Oldhammer art competition! Games Workshop's artists produced some good to astonishing art pieces during the 1980s, and although the GW studio has overall stayed comparatively strong in the art department ever since, styles have naturally shifted as the cycle of creativity is wont to do. Here, we want to recapture the Oldhammer art's spirit in sketches, drawings, paintings and more!

We want you to draw or paint something, whatever you like. Tattoos, 3D-rendered art, and flat wood/stone relief carvings are all fine to enter, but sculpts and miniatures are not. Be welcome to ask if you're unsure.

Please only enter original art, in effect art never before shared online. You must have produced the art yourself. Break out the pencils or brushes!

There will be no nitpicking over whether an entry is Oldhammer or not; voting will sort that out.

Click Here For How To Post Imgur Pictures On Forums

Do not share your entry online before winners have been announced. Submit an entry by sending me a PM containing one still image file or link. Note that you can cram as many different art pieces as you like into your one single image file (e.g. concept sketches side-by-side with a full-out illustration, or two different inked images). If you can fit a whole notebook full of scans into it, then be our guest, though voting may not always reward sheer quantity. ;)

Deadline for submissions is 11:59 PM March the 31st EST 2019. We'll post a voting thread with all entries soon after.

Rights to artworks are all the artists' own. Ask them if you want to use any image.

The gold winner will claim one unpainted kit of 10 Ceramics of Ancient Times:

lIDAC65.jpg

While the silver winner will comb home 1 single unpainted Elf Heavy Archer of Ancient Times (not Oldhammer style, but could be used as a statue):

zg0cwBX.jpg

And the bronze winner will get an unpainted Desiccated Corpse of Ancient Times for all your necromantic needs:

gO5wV5j.jpg

Sounds fun? Then join us and get doodlin'. :)

Great spirit, folks!

Ah yes, the image upload. I'm sorry, that should have been in the first post. Adding it now as a link, and here is the full tutorial picture:

Bvbrpj6.jpg

Bolg

My entry is send in (:

[edit]
No its not...
I keep getting this error message:
The requested users to be added do not exist.

advice would be helpful And yes I know, its probably all my fault d:
[/edit]

How odd! I stopped receiving E-mail notifications for posts in this thread. Must remember to check in manually more often. :)

@Bolg: Bloody odd! No, it's almost certainly not your fault. The machine spirit have its odd ways, and they're usually not too consistent. Try sending it in to me on CDO, or via E-mail to: ofancienttimes ( at ) gmail.com

Do anyone else have the same problem as Bolg encountered, by the way?

Cheers!

lgmdaniel

Made a start on this today, not sure where its going at the moment.

Sorry had to remove the image, didn't realise it was secret.

Back