Wargames Foundry Models for Empire & Bretonnia

WARDUKE

Hi all,

I was looking through the Ex Citadel models on the Wargames Foundry page, and was just a bit confused on which models map
to which armies (Empire & Brettonia) the best out of the Fuedals, Men at Arms, and Wars of Religions ranges?

In looking at the Warhammer Armies book, which specific models from Wargames Foundry would you kind folks suggest to use
for the following:

Empire
• Stadtsknecthtes
• Armbrustschutzen
• Helblitzen

Brettonia
• Chebvaliers D'Honneur
• Noblesse D'Epee
• Rascals

Finally, how do the non "Ex Citadel" Wargames Foundry Medieval range miniatures scale with the Ex-Citadel miniatures?

Thank you

WARDUKE":1uahflcp said:
Hi all,

I was looking through the Ex Citadel models on the Wargames Foundry page, and was just a bit confused on which models map
to which armies (Empire & Brettonia) the best out of the Fuedals, Men at Arms, and Wars of Religions ranges?

In looking at the Warhammer Armies book, which specific models from Wargames Foundry would you kind folks suggest to use
for the following:

Empire
• Stadtsknecthtes
• Armbrustschutzen
• Helblitzen

Brettonia
• Chebvaliers D'Honneur
• Noblesse D'Epee
• Rascals

Finally, how do the non "Ex Citadel" Wargames Foundry Medieval range miniatures scale with the Ex-Citadel miniatures?

Thank you
Have you checked the Red Catalogue for comparisons? Willing to be corrected, but IIRC, the Wars of Religion figures are small compared with later Citadel/Foundry stuff. Based on my experience with the Citadel Norse/Foundry 1066 or Vikings, Normans & Anglo-Saxons range, aside from a difference in metal and casting quality, I haven't noticed a variation in size.

sam585

So foundry miniatures are of good quality, and comparing the original sculpts to foundries and there are no issues. However, if you are just getting into collecting old models be advised that their ex-citadel range done by the Perry's (100ed years war) the models are a smaller scale compared to say the citadel fighters range, and dont really look too great next to chaos thugs/orcs/citadel fighters/dwarfs etc. HOWEVER some of the citadel fighters are included in certain 100ed yr war unit bundles and the barons war sets also have citadel fighter sculpts which from my experince will be of an similar scale to citadel fighters/marauder and 4th edition sculpts.

jon_1066

The F4 range were always smaller than orcs - even back in 1985. I have no problem with Chaos thugs being bigger than humans and don't think they look bad together on the tabletop. They are similar in size to the still currently available Empire troops from GW (though obviously much smaller than most of the other modern offerings)

Back