How rare are the Psychohobbits?

_MG_3881-02.jpg

How rare are the LE5 Psychohobbits aka Halfling Gladiators?

On eBay, I've seen the pair listed as "limited edition" for $30-$40, including shipping, regardless of condition. Thinking these aren't as limited as claimed and not the greatest of sculpts, I'd say they're worth around $15, with shipping, so put out a wanted ad here and on LAF, but not holding my breath... :(

Juxt

They aren't that rare at all really, I've picked up both for £4-5 each this year without really trying- I was looking for other things both times and just stumbled over cheap lots on eBay. The armoured one is a lovely sculpt, really sweet, the unarmoured one less so. Good luck on your hunt, take your time and you'll get them for a fair price.

Just John

As with any of these minis if you want them NOW be prepared to pay a bit extra if you are patient you will get them for relatively cheap. Speaking of which I'm sure I saw one of them in a sale thread either here or on LAF.

Juxt":1jmyl97u said:
They aren't that rare at all really, I've picked up both for £4-5 each this year without really trying- I was looking for other things both times and just stumbled over cheap lots on eBay. The armoured one is a lovely sculpt, really sweet, the unarmoured one less so. Good luck on your hunt, take your time and you'll get them for a fair price.
In a set or individually? I prefer the unarmored one over the armored, but just missed out on one for ~$10 with shipping from the UK- he few unarmored ones are on sale for ~£10 + postage. :( Have yet yet to find the armored one offered individually...

Just John":5llemo3i said:
As with any of these minis if you want them NOW be prepared to pay a bit extra if you are patient you will get them for relatively cheap. Speaking of which I'm sure I saw one of them in a sale thread either here or on LAF.
Maybe you're confusing my Oldhammer and LAF wanted threads with a sale one. :| Nothing's showing up on the search engine...

Just John

Maybe :grin: Although I'm sure I saw one at the bottom of a large thread. If I spot it again I'll put up a link for you.

Neither are particularly rare, but the unarmoured one is slightly rarer than the armoured one for two reasons.

Firstly, the armoured one ended up in the Familiars range, so a lot more were sold. Secondly, the weird whip/spear thing on the unarmoured one has a tendency to break off, so damaged ones will sometimes get binned. I've got three, 2 of which I purchased with broken weapons. The armoured one I wouldn't pay more than a £2-3 for, the unarmoured one slightly more, maybe £5 or so.

dieselmonkey":18qw4zne said:
Neither are particularly rare, but the unarmoured one is slightly rarer than the armoured one for two reasons.

Firstly, the armoured one ended up in the Familiars range, so a lot more were sold. Secondly, the weird whip/spear thing on the unarmoured one has a tendency to break off, so damaged ones will sometimes get binned. I've got three, 2 of which I purchased with broken weapons. The armoured one I wouldn't pay more than a £2-3 for, the unarmoured one slightly more, maybe £5 or so.
Looking at eBay UK, the US site is useless, I notice plenty listings with the unarmored one going for £10 or more and the occasional armored one for about the same. :( Many listings containing both going for £15-£20+, with the possibility of padded shipping - two smallish figures to the US isn't £8.5. ATM, I'd rather buy an unarmored one with a broken whip, to be reattached at my convenience, than an intact one for £6+ and no idea about the armored one. :|

Condottiero Magno":3v95suhz said:
dieselmonkey":3v95suhz said:

Looking at eBay UK, the US site is useless, I notice plenty listings with the unarmored one going for £10 or more and the occasional armored one for about the same. :( Many listings containing both going for £15-£20+, with the possibility of padded shipping - two smallish figures to the US isn't £8.5. ATM, I'd rather buy an unarmored one with a broken whip, to be reattached at my convenience, than an intact one for £6+ and no idea about the armored one. :|

Keep an eye out for badly listed ones, under 'halflings' or 'familiar'. People see the LE catalogue number and assume they're solid gold.

I collected a few hundred citadel halflings for an army and rarely paid more than a few pounds per model, including multiples of both of these. They do crop up, just ignore the gouging BIN sellers.

dieselmonkey":1buk47ps said:
Condottiero Magno":1buk47ps said:
dieselmonkey":1buk47ps said:

Keep an eye out for badly listed ones, under 'halflings' or 'familiar'. People see the LE catalogue number and assume they're solid gold.

I collected a few hundred citadel halflings for an army and rarely paid more than a few pounds per model, including multiples of both of these. They do crop up, just ignore the gouging BIN sellers.
Have benefited greatly from badly/poorly worded listings, but these sorts of finds are rare nowadays, especially stateside. Earlier in the year, I noticed a listing consisting of a few Gretchin scattered around a loo roll bombard go for $20+ shipping... :lol:

Back