About those C34 Medieval Cannons...

With the exception of the Burgundian Heavy and Light Bombards, the rest of the guns, mantlets and both crews from Foundry's Medieval Cannons range are in the red catalogue.

MEDG001_1024x1024.png
MEDG002_1024x1024.png

I checked Solegends for pics of the C34 range, but neither of the above are there. I know that everything was catalogued with a pic back then, but to assuage my obsessiveness, is Foundry wrong about the two cannons? If not, anyone have 'em, as I'm interested in size comparison with the light bombard aka cannon and the bell bombard aka mortar.

Sleepysod":nwkmyh91 said:
Perry do a very similar Burgundian light bombarb with a crew

Similar because:

1) The Foundry one was also sculpted by one of the Perrys...

2) It's based on surviving piece in a museum and widespread among reenactment groups ...

An hobby with an hobby is tracking down forgotten and/or uncatalogued Citadel and Marauder figures, but it's not made easier by eBay listing almost anything from the 80s as Warhammer. :roll:

I'd email Foundry, but I doubt I'll get a response in timely manner, especially as it doesn't involve a purchase yet, and phone calls are pricey: the last time I called Foundry about Time Warped Wizards, a 5 minute or so conversation was ~$12 on the phone bill. :o There are dialing discount codes, but I find it a hassle.

At a guess, I'd say they were sculpted by the Perrys for the Perrys as a personal project, and just ended up in the Foundry catalogue in the Citadel section more by accident than design.

dieselmonkey":26q3lf8e said:
At a guess, I'd say they were sculpted by the Perrys for the Perrys as a personal project, and just ended up in the Foundry catalogue in the Citadel section more by accident than design.
Could be...

Yesterday, spent some time squinting at the battle pics in Warhammer Siege, aside from hundreds WFB human figures, later re-appearing in Foundry's various ranges, no aforementioned guns, just the pieces featured in the red catalogue. :| I like how Foundry has organized and re-released* the former Citadel sculpts, but some of the miniatures in Hundred Years' War range, like the knights and archers, are former Bretonnians.

*Nice if they'd re-release more Ninjas and Militia/Mercenary figures.

Sleepysod":1er6tngf said:
Out of interest where can I see the original surviving museum piece?

The one the Perry site, looks like a piece formerly in the collection of the Berlin Zeughaus and claimed to be a captured Burgundian gun from Nancy*, but the b&w photo's caption mentions they're unsure if it still exists. Embleton and Howe's The Medieval Soldier: 15th Century Campaign Life Recreated in Colour Photographs, with reenactments by members of the Company of Saynt George, has photos of the replica in action and IIRC, the Perrys are associated with them. The one on the Foundry site has a barrel that looks like one or two in the Swiss Musée de la Neuveville, albeit with a slightly differing carriage, or even later modified one in the Historisches Museum, Murten. Due to Charles the Bold's incompetent generalship, the Confederates gained a large collection of guns and other impedimenta, like the Duke's tapestries featuring various Caesars, and the surviving items are spread across Swiss museums.

Musée d'Art et d'Histoire de la Neuveville has 7 guns and 3 bombards...

Pics of early European Guns...

*The Artillery of the Dukes of Burgundy, 1363-1477

Back