Zweihander - WFRP1e 'retroclone' Free! 24hours.

Zhu Bajie

Just a note to say Zweihander - a 'retroclone' of WFRP1e is available for free for the 24 hours over Halloween.

Zweihander on drivethru

It's not really a true retroclone, because it adds in a lot of stuff, and doesn't quite cover everything. It's more like someones house ruled version of WFRP with some of their campaign materials written in. Everyone wants to use the Black Lodge from Twin Peaks in their WFRP, right? :)

Anyway, there's a bunch of great art in there, much that echoes a lot of the Martin Mckenna, or even Tony Acklands more rendered pencil work in the art style of later WFRP1e and it should be interesting for some folks here.

Gallivantes

My download failed, perhaps I wasn't fast enough to get the 24 hour window. Would anyone be able to pass on a copy? After looking at some samples I really wanted to read the whole book.

Galadrin

Gallivantes":2x3joltr said:
My download failed, perhaps I wasn't fast enough to get the 24 hour window. Would anyone be able to pass on a copy? After looking at some samples I really wanted to read the whole book.

Check your Library, it should be there.

Anyway, the game is a hot mess. It is heartbreaker to the extreme and the author is a reportedly a knob. It's not worth the time to give it a full read.

Zhu Bajie

Galadrin":3e9v20d8 said:
Gallivantes":3e9v20d8 said:

Check your Library, it should be there.

Anyway, the game is a hot mess. It is heartbreaker to the extreme and the author is a reportedly a knob. It's not worth the time to give it a full read.

Lol!

I don't know Daniel Fox at all, but some of my favourite artists / writers / people are complete knobs. It's no reason not to enjoy their work :)

As for the game itself, I largely agree, it's sat on an SD card for ages after their last free promo, and I've not really looked at it past a first scan through, a bit focused on other gaming projects. IIRC it spends a lot of text saying 'this game aims to be grimdrark', rather than just describing the grimdark. If that makes sense.

If you missed the free download, and can't get one by other means, there is a free no-art version to look at the game:

https://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/19 ... -ACCESS-v2?

Back