Citadel 'Dungeoneer' range?

I've stumbled across some 1980s slotta Citadel figures with 'Dungeoneer' on the tab. Clearly designed and equipped for dungeon bashing, I've seen four different figures - one of which appears to be a conversion of another - but maybe's there's more?

The usual suspects i.e. CCM wiki and SoL haven't helped, so I'm wondering if anyone here knows more about this range?

Interesting, I wonder if they were meant for the AD&D range as hirelings or similar and rebadged when GW lost the license? Must ask Richard 'Otherworld' Scott when I see him next.

A Badger

I also thought these miniatures were slightly anomalous. Their appearance in the 1989/90 trade catalogues with a random lot of old C01- C04 'classic' character classes suggests they were older scuplts that had been unreleased for some reason. Perhaps as part of a dungeonquest style game that got shelved; possibly late additions to a range like AD&D as you suggest (although the Samurai later released as part of the Oriental Heroes range still had the TSR copyright on the slotta tab where as these have standard GW 1987 copyrights).

They look like Perry sculpts - perhaps they were sculpted just as the GW / Citadel focus switched from roleplaying character models to WHFB / 40K armies and as a result didn't really have home as they are clearly old-school dungeon bashers.

Back