Space/Star bastard's

I think 5, but we could set a point cost instead?

I think then perhaps if we all have a points cost on each group we can compare how much damage they do so as to work out a "winner"

Seven or nine star bastards is the best number. We worked it out a while back. Any less or more and the game will be broken.

Sent from my SM-N910G using Tapatalk

antipixi

Mr Papafakis":9ulf33yn said:
Seven or nine star bastards is the best number. We worked it out a while back. Any less or more and the game will be broken.

I thought it was five and a vehicle!?! Please recognise my slowness! Five is good!

RIght soooo......whats happening with the "game" rules?

Its going to get played on the Helsreach board, Im assuming as a "hilarious" sub game, in place of the jetbike race from last year.

I was thinking if we set a time on sataurday to play it. The Star Bastards come through a rift in the 4th wall and plop into the town of Helsreach, bent on mayhem and debauchery, with the player who does the most bastardry in a set time winning .

Are these correct assumptions?

inchmurrin

I decided to build some Star Bastards even though I'll not be going to BOYL. I'd been intending to convert some plastic Advanced Space Crusade monopose Marine Scouts to be more like the original metal ones I spied in White Dwarf and the Star Bastards seemed like a good excuse to get to work. I concluded that the chapter would have had it's allotted bunch of Scouts with it and they would be typical wild teenager types. So as things went to rack and ruin they would gradually degenerate into a gang culture possibly even recruiting from the locals as the chapter would normally. So here they are in their mohawked glory and carrying whatever armament they can beg borrow or more normally steal.

993432563_o.jpg

993432579_o.jpg

993432570_o.jpg

993432585_o.jpg

Hope you participants don't mind me dropping in as always comments and criticism encouraged

If you post those models to me I will put them in the game, take photos, and then post them back to you ;)

Time is a whittling away and nobody else seems to be wanting to make any rules for this game. I am happy to manage it but I dont want to step on anyone else's ideas!

I don't think I should contribute much more to the game mechanics Curtis. Seeing as I won't be coming to BOYL this year it's a little pointless for me to create a set of rules for a game I won't be present for.

If you're gunna be running it, and your happy to do so, then you should do whatever you feel is right.

I don't think anyone is gunna accuse you of "stepping on anyone's toes" if no one else is contributing.

I'm looking forward to seeing how you run it. Should be a fun game :)

inchmurrin

How generous and Oldhammer is Curtis's offer. Thanks I would be delighted to take up the offer, they don't need to come back to me if you can find a home for them with someone when they are at BOYL. Helsreach here they come!

OK then, I will post up the rules on the front page when they are finalised. SO can we get some discussion going on how it should work? My idea is:

There is a warp storm conjunction and a rip in reality is opened. The starbastards are usually trapped in the nether realm, but for an hour each year they are able to materialise in the real world. THey get to it trying to cause as much trouble as they can!

The game lasts for a set time, probably an hour maybe an hour and a half.

The game is divided into 2 factions: Star Bastards (SBs) and Helsreachers (HR)

Each SB player must field at least one member of the Star Bastard "chapter" of marines, or attached ex-imperial agents and equipment. There is no limit to what you bring and field. If you build it , you can use it. Yes this includes landraider mounted defence lasers! Recommended force would be 5 marines one with a heavy weapon and another with a power fist or something, but its really open.

Each faction alternates turns like a regular game, but with many players on each side.

Turns are strictly timed. This could be 5 or 10 mins. IM thinking 5 mins, that way each team gets 6 turns in the hour, enough to do some damage if you are quick!

The SB player who racks up the most wounds/damage inflicted wins. I think there should be a list of things that also earn a point, like stealing things or setting fires, or acts of depravity, vandalism,etc and also feats of consumption.

The HR team get points for eliminating SBs, which will probably be quite tough.

lornalim

So I just had a chat with Curtis about joining in, and remembered my Fimarines...would it be ok to bring these dudes to the table as star bastards? Curtis gave a thumbs up...they won't all be armed with power fists though!

Attachments

• IMAG1798.jpg
    IMAG1798.jpg
    25.7 KB · Views: 1,747
  • IMG_20161129_201725.jpg
    IMG_20161129_201725.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 1,747
  • IMG_20161206_161223.jpg
    IMG_20161206_161223.jpg
    77.8 KB · Views: 1,747
Back