Closest to Citadel Goblin Green?

WARDUKE

Hi all,

Looking at the various paint conversion charts online, I have seen that the following paints have been listed as being close equivalents or conversions to Citadel's old Goblin Green:

Army Painter Goblin Green
Vallejo Game Color Goblin Green
GW's Warboss Green

OF those listed above, which is the closest match to the original Citadel Goblin Green?

I know Coat d' Arms Goblin Green is supposed to be the same as the original color, but it is a bit more difficult to acquire.

Thanks.

MagpieJono

GWs Warboss Green is a pretty good match. As you've already said Coat D'arms still sell the old Goblin Green. Black Hat keep the full range and their mail order service is pretty good.

Remember that Citadel changed the color of Goblin Green (while keeping the name) some time in the early 90s, so that it became slightly darker. As far as I can understand, Goblin Green from Coat d'Arms is very close to the original color of Goblin Green, while Warboss Green seems to be closer to the later version of Goblin Green.

Scalene

Wargames Foundry French Gun Olive Green 109B is pretty much indistinguishable from the 80s Goblin Green I had.

ardyer

I must have had the old Gibbon green, but to my eyes, warboss green isn't as yellow as goblin green.

Back