Ds - Discipline (Ld)
F - Fortitude (Cl)
M - Mind (Int)
Sp - Spirit (WP)
Bp - BLOOD points value
Base - Base size

Erny

How did I miss out Strikes?

Anyway yes that would need to be in there, also I belive Dash was a given no, whereas others were all general possibilities.

I'll do another stat line soon.

Zhu Bajie

Definately going in the right direction - I still get a bit perturbed by having the same shorthand as the BRR.

I also propose ordering the stats so they are listed the in order in which they are used in Blood (some sit outside the turn sequence or used twice)

R - Reaction How quickly it reacts to orders and in combat, determines activation sequence.
D - Distance How far it can move (in inches)
RA - Ranged Ability How good with missile weapons
CA - Combat Ability How good at hand to hand combat
F - Force - the strength it hits something with
OF - Opposing Force - how much a hit is resisted.
Sv - Saving Throw - the armour value of the troop
L - Life - how many times you have to hit it before it's dead.
DC - Destructive Capability - number of times it may attack in one round

Ds - Discipline - ability to give and follow orders.
Fo - Fortitude - ability to stay calm in stressful situations
Mi - Mind - how clever it is
Sp - Spirit - how magically attuned it is.

Base - Base size - A = 20*20mm, B=25*25mm etc.
C - Cost - how much you spent on eBay for the miniature. no, no, only joking! an abstract points value.

MP: Magic Points - how much magick it can use.

Erny

I'm missing something here Zhu, where are the stats written in the same short hand?

Either way I suspect having a more generic names like you posted for each stat would mean when we feel like doing BLOOD innnn Spaaace or Steamed BLOOD or whatever they won't look out of place whereas more flavorful names fine for fantasy would look a bit odd.

One set of rules to govern everything should be possible. Then we can pick and choose for our given worlds, formations make sense on this world with ancient tech and only a few hyper Science weapons but this world with only modern weapons only needs skirmishers.

A divergence I know but considering the possibility may lead us towards the right set of names. Anybody who wants to change the names for their own world should feel free. We could therefore have stat 1,2,3,4,5,,15 or A,B,C,,O with the usual names being Reaction, Distance, Ranged ability and so on.

Thantsants

I'm missing something here Zhu, where are the stats written in the same short hand?

I wonder whether that's my fault for putting the BRR equivalents in with the BLOOD stats in my last post?

also I belive Dash was a given no, whereas others were all general possibilities.

Well at the end of the day I prefer reflexes or reaction, as I suggested on the blog, but I can cope with Dash - I'm happy to be flexible
to get a decision made :)

Mind you Zhu has some good points there too. Quite like reordering the stats in order of use. Names are generic enough to please everyone and as you say Erny, could be interchangeable with a futuristic version.

Getting a bit ahead of the game and vaguely on the topic of formations for BLOOD in Spaaace, but I always fancied some rules for squad tactics like covering and sustained fire, pepper-potting, all-round defence, etc

Zhu Bajie

Erny":2gfw0l1s said:
Ah, sorry, I didn't explain myself very well there. What confuses me is where the same short-hand is used for a different stat. I get M for Melee confused with M for Movement. I look at M se a number, and automatically assume it's Movement. Perhaps it's just my personal stupidity that does that, but I'd bet other idiots like me would have the same problem.

I'm still at the ideas generation / kick-it-about phase with this - there's a lot of good stuff, the "Personal Profile" is a winner for me. Not sure about "Destructive Capability" - it's a bit of a mouthful.

Thantsants":2gfw0l1s said:
Getting a bit ahead of the game and vaguely on the topic of formations for BLOOD in Spaaace, but I always fancied some rules for squad tactics like covering and sustained fire, pepper-potting, all-round defence, etc

Go for it!

I'm hoping BLOOD will turn out generic and be useful for a whole gamut of science-fantasy gaming, the way 40K:RT dovetails into WFB2. Most formations are restricted by equipment anyway, so there's just a 'high-fire rate' or something similar required. Who wouldn't be up for some High Age Slann vs. Amazon skirmishing with bolt pistols and laz-guns? Maybe Night Elves with repeater crossbows as well...

Back