The month of Marsh- season of Mists and mist monsters!

I agree, that spear works well. Cool figure. I haven't looked at that Alternative Armies range. Yet....

I like the frog critters. I had debated about getting some, but the only ones I knew of until recently were the Reaper figures, and I had been hoping for more variety. Love the colors on the chaos troll!

So this is where my Month of Marsh left off, two half-sculpted heads (planning on using which ever of the two turns out better) for converting the big Reaper ogre into a Fomorian/Fimir hero. I prefer sculpting most of the head separately, then attaching it, then sculpting the neck, etc. and blending it into the rest of the figure. I'm going to be shifting gears a bit for April, but plan on continuing to work on this guy in the background.

marsh17dgd01.jpg

Fimm McCool

Here's as far as I got with Marsh:

But in my defence the goblinoids are looking awesome. ;) Good work everyone, I'll try to remember it next year!

Attachments

• 2015-12-27 04.46.45.jpg
    2015-12-27 04.46.45.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 3,543

Gallivantes

Fimm McCool":2763k9jk said:
Here's as far as I got with Marsh:

But in my defence the goblinoids are looking awesome. ;) Good work everyone, I'll try to remember it next year!
Hey those guys are off to a good start. And you have a running start for next Marsh :)

You get a goblin excuse pass from me - I've said it before and I'll say it again, some sweet stuff been happening on that front. :)

Painting time has been hard to come by lately, but as a fan of the Month of Marsh, I'm going to try to carry on the tradition. This time, however, I'm not planning on Fimir/Fomorians -- at least not initially. Instead, I've started on bog trolls! Newer minis in an oldschool style.

20180220_204656.jpg

20180220_204755.jpg

Fimm McCool

Yay! My last year's Marsh is in exactly the same situation... a bit of progress MAY be made this month, who can tell?! :grin:

Oh I really like those trolls, and I like that their skin tones vary from yellow-ish to more "realistic" colours. Also, I think that the painting style fits the sculpts very well. Now I feel tempted to buy some of those in the future :grin:

Golgfag1

Got to say, I'm in the same boat, KOW does appear to be where most of my local clubs are going for large scale Fantasy these days, and for the most part I have to agree for a large tactical game it's a reasonable game of chess, IMO. Which I'm willing to indulge in, to insure I'm playing with my toys.

May invest in a few of those Trolls myself, very nice sir 8-) - now, who's are they?

There'd be something to see an army of Snotlings & Trolls, who'd lead? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Paul/Golgfag1

Lead? Would any of them even grasp the concept? :lol:

Not my ideal game, but still fun. And in the same line -- it's my best excuse to push around some minis and rolls some dice at the moment. And given the similarity to WFB, it's easy to use the old minis.

Speaking of old minis... these are not. Wasn't sure if I should post them as they're not really "Oldhammer" by many people's definitions. But my own definition includes "anything I like" so here we go... Bog corpses.

bgcpse03.jpg

A bit of background: http://www.zerotwentythree.com/2018/03/bog-corpses.html

Back