Augusts Painting Challenge - List of entries page 1

lenihan

Re: Augusts Painting Challenge

Very cool! Conclusive proof that chaos properly messes you up.

Kids, don't do chaos... or you could turn into... THIS! *cue children screaming and crying*

Chico

My Skeleton Chariot is finished, pics this afternoon. I'll even try and take a semi good one ;)

Chico

My Oldhammer August Challenge entry is now finished: Longhorn and his Chariot

a7lp.jpg

o604.jpg

bcdh.jpg

vqxs.jpg

weazil

1 down, 8 to go:.

I'm awaiting the completion of the rest before I varnish - this chap will specifically require gloss varnish on the black armour bits in order to finish the lacquered look I'm trying to achieve.

Also, camera very hard on the highlights.

At least its in focus :)

Attachments

• IMG_0080.jpg
    IMG_0080.jpg
    104.5 KB · Views: 2,254
  • IMG_0081.jpg
    IMG_0081.jpg
    109.2 KB · Views: 2,254
  • IMG_0082.jpg
    IMG_0082.jpg
    113.1 KB · Views: 2,254

Asslessman

Wow, this looks great Gaj !
I really love this paintscheme, I know it sounds weird but a paintscheme seen on normal knights seems really distrurbing (in the good way) on a chaos knight. Is the black really black or kind of bluish like on the photo? If it is really Bluish, I would recommend some black lining before varnish or a light black wash just to add some contrast and to help the obsidian look (IMO).
Really love the pale skin in opposition to the charred flesh, makes hime look like a Malal worshipper !

Hetz

Hopefully nearly done...

Unfortunately the pic is crap again.

Mutantdale

Seeing as I cannot make the oldhammer event I have put the warband back on the shelf..
I am still painting though and am going to try to finish a chariot like Chicos tonight that I started on the weekend. I am basically going to be painting random bits for the rest of this month and will be sorting a new entry next month.

MD

Just John

Mutantdale":2q18i5rc said:
Seeing as I cannot make the oldhammer event I have put the warband back on the shelf..
I am still painting though and am going to try to finish a chariot like Chicos tonight that I started on the weekend. I am basically going to be painting random bits for the rest of this month and will be sorting a new entry next month.

MD

Thats fine, you can just send the abandoned minis to me as a forfeit as per the Rules 7B, Subsection 13 :grin:

Mutantdale

Not abandoned just lost in the chaos wastes.. you know how fickle the gods can be ;)

MD

Nico

weazil":dr3zmh0e said:
1 down, 8 to go:.

I'm awaiting the completion of the rest before I varnish - this chap will specifically require gloss varnish on the black armour bits in order to finish the lacquered look I'm trying to achieve.

Also, camera very hard on the highlights.

At least its in focus :)

A Chaos Knight with a Tim Prow inspiration :) I love.

Aiteal

Slow progress, but I managed to get my barbarian stand-in for Heroquest done last night, I went for the Erekose miniature
Bases as yet undecided

Attachments

• erekose.png
    erekose.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 2,796

jthomlin

Well, sadly I'm going to declare myself a non-finisher as I haven't even got a lick of paint on mine yet. :cry:

Not that I haven't touched them, I've spent about 15 hours so far! It's just that when I pulled the figures out I never noticed all the little lumps of extra material on them due to mould damage. It's not an uncommon thing with old Citadel solid based figures as many of them had quite significant undercuts that regularly trapped bits of mould rubber, meaning that the subsequent figures out of the mould had lovely little lumps of extra detail. :mad:

In my case there was what amounted to an extra forearm under the right arm, and a big blob where the scabbard coat and leg intersect, requiring significant dremel-ing and hand carving on at least half the figures and extra clean-up on the rest. This is a pain on a single figure, let alone 30! Another chunk of time was spent (and still is) on cleaning the swords up so the blades are actually smooth.

But I am determined to finish these before anything else is started, and I'm also resolved in the future to only announce painting deadlines for figure that I have already got to the undercoat stage. :grin:

Cheers!
Joe Thomlinson

Just John

Deadlines are kinda a rough guideline in the world of the Oldhammer Painting Challenges. If I'm correct Phreedh is still trying to convince everyone its still June and Chico is somewhere off in the middle of next November :grin: With everyone in the UK busy with planning for the Oldhammer Weekend (BOO! HISS!) I think we might roll this into the middle of September and do a little bonus round if anyone finishes early. So don't give up, keep on cleaning the figures and you'll have plenty time to finish the entry.

jthomlin":34qm4t0h said:
But I am determined to finish these before anything else is started, and I'm also resolved in the future to only announce painting deadlines for figure that I have already got to the undercoat stage.

Wise words - and if you look at Junes entries that was the norm.

weazil

Progress!

*and an arbitrary string to meet the minimum post requirements...*

Attachments

• IMG_0009.jpg
    IMG_0009.jpg
    230.9 KB · Views: 2,755
  • IMG_0010.jpg
    IMG_0010.jpg
    155.8 KB · Views: 2,755
  • IMG_0011.jpg
    IMG_0011.jpg
    199.2 KB · Views: 2,755

Chico

Just John":efhe46es said:
Chico is somewhere off in the middle of next November

The beauty of being a house husbard, no cash but plenty of painting time :) My next months entry was meant to be a Unit of 30 Grim Reapers... but i appear to be a 3rd the way though those already heh

ardyer

I've got 10 dark elves done and another 5 about 33% (with a little more painting time coming Wednesday afternoon). Minus shields on the lot, of course. Which is pretty good considering I gave myself until the end of September to get 16 done. Of course my oldest's birthday party is on Saturday so I'll probably be a few days late with pics.

ardyer

Chico":2qbxt53k said:
The beauty of being a house husbard, no cash but plenty of painting time

What do you use to treat the whip burns on your back? :lol:

Chico

ardyer":3kshmcmw said:
Chico":3kshmcmw said:
The beauty of being a house husbard, no cash but plenty of painting time

What do you use to treat the whip burns on your back? :lol:

See when you don't have to wake up at stupid o'clock or get stressed out travelling to work or even worrying about work itself they tend to heal themselves rather quickly :) lol

Back