Speed painting challenge

Asslessman

As the title says, here's a thread to post your feats of glory !

Anyone can add his own creaton here as long as it was intended as a speed painting one session attempt (meaning you can post even if you exceeded and failed in the attempt ;) )

Please state at least the time it took you and any further information you see relevant (by linking to your blog or explaining to us here)

A extension of this could be to elect the best Speedpaint of the week or something that will depend on the number of entries).

Blue in VT

I've just spammed this guy all around....but why not one more place!?? :lol:

Here is my RT astropath...he took me 1.25 hours but I like the result.

Cheers,

Blue

Attachments

• Astropath Combo.jpg
    Astropath Combo.jpg
    228 KB · Views: 5,518
I decided to do another Scavvy for my painting challenge
BCF65BCC-AA8B-4CBA-AAE4-CE1404C9E099.jpg

He actually only took me 45 mins so I may be raising the stakes a bit!

Ant4812

I wasn't too sure about the one hour limit as I use enamel paint, which takes quite a while to dry. However, I thought I'd give it a go. Here's a Crusader Miniatures Viking hirdman who'll be going into my Norse army eventually. I started with the figure primed, and managed to finish it in about 58 minutes.

Attachments

• 01 - Copy.JPG
    01 - Copy.JPG
    91.5 KB · Views: 5,452
  • 02 - Copy.JPG
    02 - Copy.JPG
    69.5 KB · Views: 5,452
  • 03 - Copy.JPG
    03 - Copy.JPG
    60.6 KB · Views: 5,452

Asslessman

I thought I'd give this a go but you guys are setting the bar far too high, I'll have to prepare things methodically if I am to dive in. Superb jobs anyway and I see some corners can be cut without the quality being reduced which I think might help for more regular painting.

@ Jon, We do indeed ! I'm super bad at designing things but I'll see if something can be done.

Could people just mention their timing to see who scored under 1 hour in the event of a (friendly) competition ? ;)

Tiberius.

My try, run out of time doing the snow on the base, needs a good two or three coats to get it nice.

Attachments

• marine1.jpg
    marine1.jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 5,424
  • marine2.jpg
    marine2.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 5,424

Tiberius.

Dude, that's as fast as I can go. I had an undead project midway through 5th Edition and still hadn't got to 1750pts before the 8th book came out.

I cheated on this marine and airbrushed the reds.

Asslessman

How's that for a challenge badge (I'm super bad at this so anyone with anything better is welcome ^^' )

Attachments

• Speed painter.png
    Speed painter.png
    3.4 KB · Views: 8,029

Jeff McC

I thought I'd give this a go this afternoon. I had to cheat a little and break it into two sessions to let a wash dry, so I paused the timer at that point, had dinner, and then came right back to it. I also made a point of doing a dwarf as my basing scheme for them is just a glue and dip with no painting needed. Total time 38 minutes and 48 seconds.
Here's the stop for the wash at 21 minutes 40 seconds

Attachments

• 2140 F.JPG
    2140 F.JPG
    171 KB · Views: 2,124
  • 2140 R.JPG
    2140 R.JPG
    171.7 KB · Views: 2,124

Jeff McC

And here he is finished. Highlights added, and I wasn't happy with the beard, so that got reworked. The light for these photos wasn't quite as good, so the lamps make it read a bit warmer than the daylight on the first pair.

Attachments

• 3848 F.JPG
    3848 F.JPG
    195.3 KB · Views: 2,124
  • 3848 R.JPG
    3848 R.JPG
    198.2 KB · Views: 2,124

Bane

Here's my attempt, I didn't think I had a chance but I actually completed it in 50 minutes and 58 seconds! (Still needs the basing doing though):

A timed breakdown in a bit more detail with what I did can be seen here:

http://thelostandtheverydamned.blogspot ... lenge.html

I think I can now get through my leadpile in double quick time now..?! Having a stop watch going really focused me and stopped me from getting distracted/fannying around with paint queues, bitz box rummages and the general procrastination that accompanies my hobby time.

Asslessman

Wow lovely job you guys, extra points to Bane for keeping track with an oldschool watch :ugeek: That elf is magnificent in these colours. I really like it. You deserved your badge !

Harry

Bane's watch ... :grin: reminded me I have timed myself against the clock once.
These were done a few years ago and not for this thread so not looking to compete ... but just thought you might find this amusing:

Here are 10 night goblins. Black undercoat to finished. Photo taken at every stage.
(stopping to take the photos, in itself, added several minutes to the process!)

IMG_0567.jpg

Dry Brush Codex Grey. (3 Mins)

IMG_0572.jpg

Dry Brush Bestial Brown (3 mins)

IMG_0574.jpg

Paint shoes bestial brown (3 mins)

IMG_0577.jpg

Face and arms Dark Angels Green (5 mins)

IMG_0580.jpg

Face and arms Snot Green (8 mins)

IMG_0582.jpg

Face and arms Goblin Green (7 mins)

IMG_0585.jpg

Half an hour gone!

IMG_0583.jpg

Face and arms goblin green and scorpion Green mix (6 mins)

IMG_0590.jpg

Spear and shield dry brush with Tin Bitz. (8 mins)

IMG_0593.jpg

Spear and shield dry brush with Chainmail (6 min)

IMG_0597.jpg

Spear and shield dry brush highlight with Mithril Silver. (6 mins)
This is 1 hour Gone! (I won't bother showing the clock again!)

IMG_0600.jpg

Touched up the dry brushing with black especially on the shield, the mouth and a black dot for eyes
Although I missed doing the eyes on this model. Doa! (9 mins)

IMG_0602.jpg

Eyes and teeth. (5 mins)

IMG_0605.jpg

Spear and Belt Scorched Brown (5 mins)

IMG_0607.jpg

Belt and string at top of spear Bleached Bone (12 Mins)
I tried dry brushing the rope belt but was not satisfied so painted over them and re-did them painting in each twist.

IMG_0610.jpg

final was of brown ink over the string at the top of the pole (it was too bright) and the shoes (to give them a leathery look and some tone)

And here he is finished.

IMG_0616.jpg

IMG_0617.jpg

IMG_0618.jpg

IMG_0609.jpg

Just over an hour and a half for ten men. So 10 mins a man. Batch painting for the win. :grin:

axiom

Good work guys! I hadn't realised you were batch painting Harry - good work to get em all done!

Back