I've never painted a .... before - The Rogue Trader 100 club

Gerner

Re: I've never painted a .... before - The Rogue Trader 100

Thank you!
I cheated a bit and submitted it for the Pirate Warband as well. ;)

Mister Rab

Gerner":7w1yyj7z said:
I cheated a bit and submitted it for the Pirate Warband as well. ;)

Why not? I thought several people might take that approach ;)

axiom

007: Ash Waste Nomad Leader
Range: Confrontation

This is a figure I picked up ready painted from the Oldhammer Trading Group on Facebook. I actually used it as the colour scheme for some of the Nomads I painted last year, but this guy was painted by another hand. I couldn't decide to keep as he was, or strip and start again. In the end, I decided to overpaint the original. Using the existing flat block colours, I highlighted the yellow coat and glazed with ink. I completely repainted the face and highlighted the metals, head-scarf, plume, knife-scabbard, gun-stock and striped cloth. I washed the gold areas with a chestnut wash to increase the richness, and washed and highlighted the tan areas. Finally, I rebased him to match my other Nomads.

So why "I have never"? Because I have never before overpainted an existing paintjob by someone else in this manner. Tell me if this is cheating Mister Rab, and I'll happily withdraw the entry (even though it took me nearly as long as painting a figure from scratch!).

Attachments

• Leader.JPG
    Leader.JPG
    70.7 KB · Views: 3,837

Mister Rab

Make you withdraw it? Never! It's far too handsome a figure for that, so take that well-deserved badge 8-)

Overpainting is something I've never done and I'm not sure I'd know where to start. Either way, you've got a beautiful deep yellow and striking metallics from your efforts. Welcome to the club. :grin:

MoodyGit

Number 8, ?

I've never painted a 'Whatever It Is' before

Mister Rab

That's... that's... No, I don't know what that is either. But I like it! Is it a single piece, no conversion or anything?

I love the eye and the slimy tongue. 8-) Give yourself a badge!

MoodyGit

Model is a two piece straight out of the packet which I picked up off of a stall at Salute. No idea which one! First piece as you see, second is a tentacle sticking out of its arse. Not needed at all but Chico should appreciate it. :grin:

Aiteal

He's a 4A sea critter, Kev Adams sculpt

symphonicpoet

^Mister Rab,

Hee! I'm going to hurt myself I'm laughing so hard. Of course that could be all the beer.

^MoodyGit,

Nicely done.

Mister Rab

009: Phagon beastman commander
Range: Spacelords (Metal Magic)

Razak%2BPen%2B-%2Bfront.jpg

Anthropomorphic goat with a laser gun? Don't mind if I do! As Chico knows, goats are the very essence of Oldhammer. Plus they used to be on the side of the "goodies" but now are all chaotic 'n stuff which isn't right at all. So, to put matters straight and restore a fictional universe back to its original fictional state, this capra sapiens is very much on the side of law and order, drinks real ale, likes obscure pseudo-philosophical novels, and only shoots naughty people. He usually doesn't even eat them afterwards :o

Scalene

10 - Spaceship Ground Crew

In addition to the power-armoured psychopaths, every sci-fi universe needs its ordinary Joes. A spaceport would be teeming with technicians, passengers, and people who just empty the bins, so I thought I’d sculpt a few and this is the first of them. He’s an engineer/spaceship ground crew waving a scanner or other such gizmo.
CRW01.jpg

axiom

You do realise that after showing such a cracking figure, the only next question is: 'Do you have some others I could have?' ;)

Asslessman

11. Marauder venator set.

As funny as it may seem, I had never painted the full set pf marauder venators before :

DSC00510.JPG

More pics on the blog

Mister Rab

That's a lovely sculpt (and paintjob), Scalene! I hope there'll be more of your own figures making an appearance soon. Possibly even making it into becoming short production runs...?

You show off, JB! Not one, but all the Venators :lol: Beautiful, crisp painting as well. Nice work.

symphonicpoet

That is a very nice sculpt Scalene. I'll second Axiom and Mr. Rab's respective questions, as I myself would love to see more and would be quite interested in buying from a short production run.

ardyer

Mister Rab":3rrvhdz7 said:
Love the weathering on that shoulder pad 8-)

Thanks, that was the first time I've ever tried anything like that on a marine. It was fun.

Back