I've Never painted a ....... before - The Fantasy 100 club

Re: I've Never painted a ....... before - The Fantasy 100 cl

No.2 - A Tyranid Warrior from Hive Fleet Fabulous, here sporting a spawning configuration inspired by retro Genestealer fashions.

img_0594-002.jpg

img_0590-001.jpg

img_0592-001.jpg

phreedh

Very nice Sean, but not quite fantasy eh? :)

Colin, nice work on Rildo! A good start for a potentially fantastic thread!

Asslessman

Are you guys monsters or what, how can you pull models like that in so little time ! Phreed, there's absolutely no prob at all with the nid, it's just all a big multiverse ain't it?

phreedh

Asslessman":3iccb4v9 said:
Phreed, there's absolutely no prob at all with the nid, it's just all a big multiverse ain't it?
Not so sure about that, JB. We're supposed to do a fantasy theme... timewarps and worm holes aside, I think we should stick to that theme. Colin's call though, he's the Club Comissioner. I'm just a resident grouch and rules stickler. :)

I can't be kicking his figure out of the club on his birthday! Maybe there should be a forfeit for not reading the rules however :twisted:

phreedh

whiskey priest":f5kn4enj said:
I can't be kicking his figure out of the club on his birthday! Maybe there should be a forfeit for not reading the rules however :twisted:
Good spot there. Happy b-day Sean! :)

whiskey priest":1l4i5i41 said:

Yes, run around the pool table with your pants down. No need for pics or video we'll just assume you did it. Honour system and all that.

Zog! Whoops, I seem to have interpreted "Fantasy" in a rather whimsical manner. I am off to find a pool table...

theottovonbismark":hjldrawl said:
Zog! Whoops, I seem to have interpreted "Fantasy" in a rather whimsical manner. I am off to find a pool table...
Tbh i misinterpreted 'fantasy' to mean anything other than WW1, 2 and Napoleonic figures myself but this at least narrows it down a little. Come to think of it i've never painted a thief OR a tyranid...

This is a lot more difficult than I thought it would be.

Um..... anyone got a Dragon Ogre they want to let go?

Iv'e painted:
Humans, knights, elves, wood elves, dark elves, dwarfs, goblins, orcs, beastmen, minotaurs, harpies, chaos, demons, fimir, gargoyles, beholder, owlbears, thieves, ice elves, dancers, prancers, thunder mages, lightning mages, necromancers, zombies, skeletons, mummies, snakemen, lizardmen, ogres, giants, trolls, dragons, wyverns, hydras....

Oh hey -

a griffon!

got it

Asslessman

theottovonbismark":3m9erneh said:

Not if you can add a chainmail loincloth to it and replace the gun with an axe/bow, sword. you might want to give it a horned helmet for good measures. With your putty skills it's a matter of minutes.

axiom

#3 Beastling Chaos Familiar

Beastling_zps9e2953a5.jpg

It's true - in spite of the fact I've had several of the lovely little Chaos familiars pass through my collection over the years, I've never actually painted one. Now I have! (although this nice furry little chap is destined to be some sort of alien pet in RT/Confrontation).

axiom

Lovely work on the thief and the 'fantasy' Tyranid ;)

ardyer

theottovonbismark":niwa7h26 said:

Don't worry, I first interpreted it to mean I was going to get to paint Captain Crooks ;)

Asslessman":9mnrh4f1 said:
theottovonbismark":9mnrh4f1 said:

Not if you can add a chainmail loincloth to it and replace the gun with an axe/bow, sword. you might want to give it a horned helmet for good measures. With your putty skills it's a matter of minutes.

A classic barbarian Nid, that is clearly the way to go in future. Can I play in the D&D campaign with him? :mrgreen:

Really need to think about the rest of his party, the Zoat mage is a no brainer. Who would have thought that deep in the Lorien forest was an organic castle inhabited by Tyranid LARPers. Damn I wish I could clone myself off RoC style to work on these great ideas!

ardyer":copvgr7n said:
theottovonbismark":copvgr7n said:

Don't worry, I first interpreted it to mean I was going to get to paint Captain Crooks ;)

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Bluey Zarzov":ranxjoxq said:
This is a lot more difficult than I thought it would be.

Um..... anyone got a Dragon Ogre they want to let go?

Iv'e painted:
Humans, knights, elves, wood elves, dark elves, dwarfs, goblins, orcs, beastmen, minotaurs, harpies, chaos, demons, fimir, gargoyles, beholder, owlbears, thieves, ice elves, dancers, prancers, thunder mages, lightning mages, necromancers, zombies, skeletons, mummies, snakemen, lizardmen, ogres, giants, trolls, dragons, wyverns, hydras....

Oh hey -

a griffon!

got it

I can probably sort you out with a dragon ogre if you really want one. And I want to see pics off ALL that stuff you mentioned. Especially the dancers and prancers.

ardyer":ranxjoxq said:
theottovonbismark":ranxjoxq said:

Boy, you're going to need a big brush to undercoat all this. Especially now I've discovered the McNoah's Ark is a thing.

Nice Owl Tom, you have a good eye for an interesting colour balance. Where is that model from?

Back