Challenge: Chaos Week

Chico

bannerfans_11419371.jpg

Its time for the 5th Chico Challenge Week™ ..

CHAOS HAS COMETH! LET THE GALAXY BURN!

Ahem excuse me I got a little carried away there, anyway this weeks Challenge will be slighty different so make sure you read the rules below or you could end up losing out.

Rules and regs:

1. For the first time dew to not being able to enter my own Challenge Week (Dew to now being able to see very well atm) I am donating a prize, you want to know what prize eh? Well a clue It's mint in package, and sculpted by Werner Klocke.

2. You must be a follower of this Blog to claim your prize (So make sure you hit that Follow button on the right)

3. You may enter as many times as you wish, but all enteries must be painted in the the Challenge Week time frame.

4. All Entries must be online to 1 or more of the following 3 places:

Oldhammer Facebook Group, but make sure to tag me.
Oldhammer Forum Challenge Week Thread
Your own Blog but message me to let me know it's on there.

5. Winner will be chosen by me and me alone, and I accept bribes ;) The winning entrie will be posted on my Blog.

6. The Challenge will start at 12.01am on Monday 26th of May GMT and end 12.01am on 2nd of June GMT

So what aer you waiting for get cracking!

smiler

Sorry to hear about your eyes mate, hope it gets sorted soon, I've been enjoying your adventures in 6mm Orks.

As for the challenge I'll have to see what Chaos I can find that's ready to paint. I've got a few models that are half assembled conversions for a Slannesh Chaos Marine warband, maybe one or two of them could be fixed up ready for Mon.

Oh and one question, do the pictures have to be uploaded before the end of the competition? Not that I expect to win with the painting skills round here!

Chico

Aye the pictures have to be uploaded by the end of the Challenge Week, but as I'm such a nice chap I'll allow for a few hours extra dew to timezones and ''real life'' whatever that is.

It's not just about the painting skills, it's also a number of other factors (Do I like the theme, the colours used, the figures themselves, does it scream Chaos, how big my bribe was)

smiler

Ok, I'm in. I have a small pile of plastic CSM that were a cheap ebay purchase due to them being a mess. Lots of chopping later and I've a pile of bits :/ so it's good to get back to this project even if it is slowing down my Eldar pirates! I've managed to get a couple of my CSM ready to paint from a long postponed project.

The concept for the project was a small Slanneshi cult dedicated to animalistic rituals. The CSM would have furs as trophies and beastly mutations such as claws, horns and hooves. Along with the CSM I'm planning on adding in some cultists (using Roman Gladiatorial minis with some extra furs sculpted on) and beastmen.

The plan is to eventually have:

A lord
CC squad (6)
Ranged squad (6)
CSM bikers (6)
Cultists (12)
Beastmen (12)
And maybe some kind of beastmaster with monstrous and mutated animals.

Although I'll be happy to get a couple painted this week and sort out the paint scheme I want.

Vyper

Unfortunately I'm probably not going to be able to take part in this one, I'll be at the UK Games Expo this weekend so likely won't have the time to paint something.

But I may try and squeeze a Chaos model into my schedule on the 2nd. We'll see how it goes. :grin:

Chico

We are entering the last few days of this Challenge Week, best get your entries in quick people.. It not too late to start!

And not to worry Vyper there's always next time

Jeff McC

Chaos Dwarf for the contest. Love the little surprises you find with the older models, I hadn't noticed his claw-foot until I started painting him.

Attachments

• chaos dwarf.JPG
    chaos dwarf.JPG
    235 KB · Views: 3,677

smiler

Entries looking good so far everyone :) that chaos dwarf is great!

Sadly my entry isn't going to be finished in time despite my speed painting, it's good I got the project started though.

lenihan

Yeah, I'm not going to be able to get my entry done either... switched to working on highlanders as a matter of priority for a game next month. But having a look on facebook, and looking on here, there are some grand entries.

snyggejygge

Finished mine in the last minute, 2 Chaos warriors, impossible to get a decent pic though as it´s too dark outside. The pic doesn´t show all the small details I was very satisfied with, not to mention half the banner is not in the pic!
Also noticed I haven´t put on the grass on the Bare helmeted guy in this pic yet, did I really do that afterwards, seems weird, oh well...

Anyways, warriors of Chaos, painted in Chico´s signature style: Black & White!

Chico

Boys and Girls, Chaos Week has come to the end.

I'd like to say thank you to everyone who took park with there many entries both here and on the FB group. It's going to be hard to pick a winner as every entry was top notch. Look out for a Blog post later today/tomorrow with the runners up and winner

Back