Challenge: Big Guy Week!

clownshoe

Been working on this amongst many others, it's the old white metal Eldar avatar - messing with the magnetized ork head addition. I like adding blood wherever possible.
Yeah i know it's the wrong colour - i call it the avatar of ice and fire. I only ever see red based ones so i thought i would be different :)

Attachments

• ultra (1 of 5).jpg
    ultra (1 of 5).jpg
    134.8 KB · Views: 1,648
  • ultra (4 of 5).jpg
    ultra (4 of 5).jpg
    72.5 KB · Views: 1,648
  • ultra (3 of 5).jpg
    ultra (3 of 5).jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 1,648

Asslessman

AAAARgh, I wanted to do th esame and paint mine blue too. There's noway I paint it as well as you did now :(
Brilliant job anyway. Did you make a magnetised head for each army you're facing?

Chico

For a whimpy Eldar you did a great job, poor Ork... Has to be a Deathskull Ork as they are the only Orks stupid enough to get killed by da pointa earz

clownshoe

Thanks for the positive comments chaps! - Yeah i am adding a marine head in the same way, and working on the hair detail, when it's finished i'll post some better pics.

Asslessman

My 2 entries for big guy week :

Godzipunch :

SS851890.JPG

And a super scrap robot :

SS851894.JPG

All you want to know about them in the blog.

Asslessman

@Chico : random? :o :cry: :? ;)

@Lord Chaotl Oml : Thanks, thing is , I used a grey army painter prime which is not a particularly strong prime so the problem could actually be fast to come. Let's hope a good varnish will help a bit.

Both excellent entries Asslessman, I love the little green freehand scales on the monster, and nice job on the space crusade dreadnaught getting it to look decent

Asslessman

Thanks Tough Guy !

I added the freehand scales because th ebelly part seemed a bit flat without them, it tends to blend the skin and scaly part.

The robot is not entirely the SC drednought, it is a reversed tarentula with dreadnought legs. ;) I would definitely try the conversion again now I'm a bit more skilled.

Ti Pouchon

I did it! OK, I messed up the base size, but still:
Here's my entry for Big Guy Week:

10269159_625351154201926_7299675072915839502_o.jpg

To the left: The one, the only, the elusive Bob Olley Troll #3. High time I painted it - beautiful sculpt, really paints itself.

To the right: it's a... a Trollsquig? A Squigtroll? Who can tell? The Orcs couldn't, they just bonked it on the head, strapped some armor on and installed a goblin piloting system.
Thanks and excuses to whoever came up with the brilliant Chaos Champ conversion at the Oldhammer day (was it Fimm McCool? I don't remember...) using the squig hopper as head. Thanks, sir, and sorry for stealing your idea.

Here are the two rookies next to the two veterans:

1781067_625351187535256_4563152598916589453_o.jpg

Fimm McCool

Ti Pouchon":1cp4wpby said:
I did it! OK, I messed up the base size, but still:
Here's my entry for Big Guy Week:

10269159_625351154201926_7299675072915839502_o.jpg

I'd like to think I somewhat inspired that conversion...

Attachments

• golden gobbo.jpg
    golden gobbo.jpg
    133.5 KB · Views: 2,424
Great! Well as the name implys I may have a big guy available but am in the process of learning how to post pictures. What's up for the next challenge? Gc

Chico

Giant collector":142v7y49 said:
Great! Well as the name implys I may have a big guy available but am in the process of learning how to post pictures. What's up for the next challenge? Gc

Next Challenge and 4th in the series will start of the 5th of May and is yet to be announced, but expect a fairly open Challenge.

Golgfag1

Thanks for the words of encouragement, but I only managed to get this guy assembled, filled and filed; I'm quite happy with the way he's progressing but with everything else I'm doing for BOYL (terrain, Slann & Snakemen), it's unlikely he'll be finished before then - challenge - not met. :(

Paul / Golgfag1

Asslessman":aptv8qk7 said:
Everytime I se ethis model I think about how I refused it from a friend who offered it to me for free with me replying "I don't do orcs" :cry: :?

Give him some love Paul, though if you're able to paint that monster in a week, you'll be my hero, wether you want it or not ;)

This is not a model, it's an actual army on a base :grin:

Back