Challenge: Big Guy Week!

Asslessman

@Ti Pouchon : I love those trolls, they're great ! Don't worry, th eidea of using a squig as a head must have been used countless times before so Fimm should understand (that and it's always nice to give a Kev Adams touch to any model)

@Paul/ Golgfag : Just building the beast while painting some other entries is an achievment really. those pig piece are always time consuming during preparation phases. This is th ekind of model one shouldn't rush on and enjoy ;)

Ti Pouchon

Fimm McCool":1ap3sdea said:
I'd like to think I somewhat inspired that conversion...

Why yes, you did. Just as I said in the original post...
Well, you know what they say: imitation is the sincerest form of flattery, right?

Fimm McCool

Ti Pouchon":1ce40qsu said:
Fimm McCool":1ce40qsu said:
I'd like to think I somewhat inspired that conversion...

Why yes, you did. Just as I said in the original post...
Well, you know what they say: imitation is the sincerest form of flattery, right?

He looks great! Who'd have though that Squig heads fitted such a range of scales? :) Who's going to try one on an Inquisitor figure next? :twisted: I always thought he had a bit of a dungeon keeper horned reaper look about him...

phreedh

Ti, great job! It's always nice seeing no3 painted. =)

What are the pieces you used for squig-head? I see a lot of a 2nd edition plastic orc in it. Anything else?

Ti Pouchon

Why, thanks!

Actually, there's no plastic parts at all. Arms, feet and crotch are from a metal 2nd Ed. Orc Lineman, the legs are from an old Minotaur ("Minotaur 2" on this page http://www.solegends.com/citcat912/c20296minotaurlords-h.htm) and the top half of the goblin pilot is a 2nd Ed. gobbo catcher. I re-attached the original right arm of the squig rider, though, because the catcher I used was missing his. The torso of Squigtroll is just Greenstuff.

phreedh

Ti Pouchon":3um9oieu said:
Actually, there's no plastic parts at all. Arms, feet and crotch are from a metal 2nd Ed. Orc Lineman, the legs are from an old Minotaur ("Minotaur 2" on this page http://www.solegends.com/citcat912/c20296minotaurlords-h.htm) and the top half of the goblin pilot is a 2nd Ed. gobbo catcher. I re-attached the original right arm of the squig rider, though, because the catcher I used was missing his. The torso of Squigtroll is just Greenstuff.
Ah, stellar work! =)

Aiteal

My best intentions went awry once again, and I didn't get anything done :(
Gimme a 'mounted guy week' next please Chico, so I have an excuse to do something that I want to do that isn't part of my planned painting stack :)

Chico

Mounted guy eh? No doubt that'll be one at some point mate but I have the next few challenges planned but expect the next Challenge to be a rather open one and the idea is borrowed from Room 101

Back