Challenge: Stuntie Week!

Asslessman

Chico":3smj3i0r said:
Since he was so little and painted himself you should have painted up a few more bits then :razz:

Point made but I'm working on 18 models for the RoC challenge in the meantime, 21 for the hot to oldhammer challenge plus the usual stripping modelling aside... I'll consider more invstment in future week challenges, promise... ;)

started on the ulsen bros, don't think I'll finish in time, struggling to get the metals right, and have limited time to paint, will see how far I'll get ;)

3oge.png

Rob_S

That ratling is tiny and the Ulsen brothers looks great so far, good colour choices there. I think you'll end up with a better result than me as I seem to have gone a bit GW red phase with my chaos dwarfs this week, I'm not sure what happened there, must be the diet. Here's my effort with incomplete bases and ordinary photo:

proxy

proxy

proxy

Chico

Very good job everyone, another Challenge week almost to an end and we have had a rather goof showing!

Now anyone like to propose a idea for the next Chico Challenge Week?

Ideas so far:

Chaos
Non-GW or set companies, let Ral Partha or Grenadier
1980's
1990's
Modern (Last 10 years)
Big Boys (Anything over a human in size)
Evil
Good
Certain Sculptors (Kev Adams, Bob Olley)
Heroes/Villains

Ti Pouchon

I'd be on board for the "Big Guys" idea - and it also seems a logical follow-up to stuntie week.
I didn't get past the assemble and prime stages for stuntie week, though, so what do I know?

Chico

I do like the idea for Big guys, it does seem a little restrictive as there ain't many ''Big'' figures but not only that it rules be out of my own challenge lol.

Or I could base it on base size, everything has to be on 40mm bases or larger (Square or round) rather then height,

Hmmm

Asslessman

C'mon, "Bloke week" is intended for anything larger than a hman, I think you are right about just taking anything based on 40 mm bases or bigger, From a terminator suit up to a titan I think tehre are actually quite a lot of opportunities !

smiler

Looking good everyone :)

I painted up the Crooked Claw goblin shaman and a rhinoman from Hasslefree, both good fun to paint.

Lighting isn't that great, the sun just doesn't want to play out at the minute. The orange and red look much more distinct in person.

Bit of a better pic on this one, still killing the depth though. I'll try get better photos at the weekend.

Attachments

• 2014-04-13 15.42.47.jpg
    2014-04-13 15.42.47.jpg
    170.5 KB · Views: 2,538
  • 2014-04-13 15.43.24.jpg
    2014-04-13 15.43.24.jpg
    109.3 KB · Views: 2,538
  • IMAG0554.jpg
    IMAG0554.jpg
    146 KB · Views: 2,538
That Rhinoman seems rather cute :lol:
Like the shaman too.
Seems everyone hasgot his crooked claw perks already, I´m still waiting for mine :cry:

Base sice seems a good restriction.

Righto, I didn't manage to finish the Squat with plasma gun but here are the other three
admechsquat_zps68604980.jpg

female
dlady_zpse6ce1f1a.jpg

hammer dude
dorf_zps4096519a.jpg

if I recall correctly I got this guy from Blue in VT, can anybody identify him for me? (dunno if he is Citadel or not)

Lord Chaotl Oml":fzjz1k5t said:
Seems everyone hasgot his crooked claw perks already, I´m still waiting for mine :cry:

I'm waiting on mine too, trebuchets were supposedly the first shipped so it's not looking swell for poor Crooksie (unless they were sent surface??).

Back