Challenge: Ork Week!

Chico

Blood_Axes_Orks.jpg

So I declare this coming week, Ork Week! And I happen to have a little challenge for you all.

It's simply paint some Orks, any Ork and any era. Just have fun doing so..

Rules:

You may choose any Ork(s) or Ork related goodness (Grots, Snots, Squigs, Trucks ect)
The Orks have to painting in the following 7 days
Pictures to be posted on this thread and/or the FB Oldhammer group or personal Blogs
There is no prize and it's just for fun.

My personal challenge for this week is this,

Finish painting my Blood Axe Cult of speed:

Nob Biker - Finished
Sleazy Rider -Painted 5/6 years ago, will have a repaint
4 Warbikes - 2 Finished
3 Buggys - 1 Almost finished (Just need a gunner painted)
1 Wartrak - Finished, but needs re-basing
1 Skorcha - Unpainted

So will accept the challenge? Wat are ya? 'Ummie or ORK!

Asslessman

I would have jumped on this one but I'm engaged in far too much challenges right now and as far as green skins are concerned, I try to limit myself to Orctober for Erny's blue eyes...

Oh and 1 week limit, nobody paints as fast as you do Chico, we're just humies you know? ;) :mrgreen:

Chico

Asslessman":1n9a5e1c said:
I would have jumped on this one but I'm engaged in far too much challenges right now and as far as green skins are concerned, I try to limit myself to Orctober for Erny's blue eyes...

Oh and 1 week limit, nobody paints as fast as you do Chico, we're just humies you know? ;) :mrgreen:

1 Ork won't take a day let alone aweek for alot of people, best thing is you get to choose your own limit on how many and what you paint. Plus even if you don't finish it's about having fun painting something.

Chico

Asslessman":ruvwifyz said:
Yeah but... I ...actually... don't have any orc(k)s :? :oops:

Convert something Orky then :p Go to a toy shop and buy a tennis ball.. cover in putty and mold teeth and ya have a giant squig :)

Chico

Lord Chaotl Oml":14lieonp said:
If its not limited to RT/40k, i´d join in with some Troopers of Eeza Ugezods Mother Crushers.

Heheh I'm sure they'll count fine as feral Orks ;)

Rob_S

I will paint something and post it here. It's got to be 40k yeah? I have some models lying around. I might paint up one of those old box set multi part plastic orcs from the 80s. Awful looking thing.

Chico

Good job boys, doesn't have to be 40k could be any Sci Fi OrK like Mantic or Gorkamorka.

I've prepared everything for my Kult Of Speed and finished a Buggy and Sleazy Rider, If i get these done quicker then expected I'll do some Grots as well.

Blue in VT

I will be working on some RT orks this week...but sadly won't be able to share pictures as they will be for an LPL entry...so you'll just have to trust me... :roll: :lol:

Cheers,

Blue

lenihan

Awww, shame I didn't know about this last week, I have one or two orks at home in Liverpool (that I could have picked up while there) but nothing down here in Cambridge.

Chico

First Ork's finished:

Plasma Buggy:

10155056_10152310741815149_918980728_n.jpg

1503898_10152310741805149_396804116_n.jpg

10150630_10152310741925149_878420031_n.jpg

1238945_10152310741810149_1238202614_n.jpg

Sleazy Rider (Used to be in Evil Sun colours which I bought him like from Ebay 6/7 years ago)

1509072_10152310741905149_1564573897_n.jpg

1528478_10152310741850149_607828534_n.jpg

1174715_10152310741960149_1665382715_n.jpg

MoodyGit

I've got a semi painted sleazy in one of the multitude of boxes. Might be the incentive I need to finish/modernise, looks like Patrick Troughton will have to wait a couple more days.

smiler

I'm in! I've got 4 death skulls in progress, though in the spirit of the competition I'll start a new ork from scratch.

I've got a power armoured ork I'm probably going to do as a death skull nob, I'll get started straight away, I'm too slow a painter to mess around :)

Mostyn

Oooh, fortuitously I should be good for a snakebite wild boy on boar this week. Definitely not a fantasy boar boy ;)

Mostyn

Whilst I do get a warm feeling inside from see old plastic figures with dubious paint jobs (not to mention labelling - looks like a bolter to me!) given some love, part of me thinks those first edition ork plastics are beyond any kind of painting help. I'm hoping to be proved wrong though.

Rob_S

Mostyn":yqvmdhhe said:
Whilst I do get a warm feeling inside from see old plastic figures with dubious paint jobs (not to mention labelling - looks like a bolter to me!) given some love, part of me thinks those first edition ork plastics are beyond any kind of painting help. I'm hoping to be proved wrong though.

I think the base label was wishful thinking on my 12 year old selfs part. I haven't seen plastic orks painted well so I guess I have my work cut out for me.

Back