Oldhammer Legacy Warband - Primary Colour Voting

What should the Legacy Warband's primary colour be?

• White

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Black

Votes: 1 4.2%
  • Grey

• Brown

• Olive

Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Bone

Votes: 2 8.3%
  • Red

Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Pink

• Yellow

• Mustard

• Orange

• Light Green

• Dark Green

• Teal

• Light Blue

• Dark Blue

• Turquoise

• Purple

• Violet

• Tan

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

axiom

OK folks, we're having a multi-racial 'good' warband (see the sign up thread). To make things coherent, we will be voting for the colour scheme - this poll is to determine the primary (main) colour to be used on the models.

Asslessman

Red it is for me, red goes with everything (unlike turquoise Jon... :? ) blue will be my second choice (just so you know)
Red is the colour of Passion and Passion is at the core of this movement, Passion is the colour of blood for every battle we fight spills more of it, red is the colour of love because you know Love is what makes us all unite underthe same cause and challenge...

Red it is.

Blue in VT

Asslessman":2rqq3jyn said:
Red it is for me, red goes with everything (unlike turquoise Jon... :? ) blue will be my second choice (just so you know)
Red is the colour of Passion and Passion is at the core of this movement, Passion is the colour of blood for every battle we fight spills more of it, red is the colour of love because you know Love is what makes us all unite underthe same cause and challenge...

Red it is.

Haha...spoken like a true Frenchman! :lol:

BTW...Blue should always be your FIRST choice... ;) as it is for me...

Cheers,

Blue

Zhu Bajie

Could the warband also be tied together by a symbol or device that they all have on their shields or cloaks (or not) . Someone could come up with a symbol that would be simple enough for most people to freehand? Maybe an erm, warhammer or something :? .

Just a thought.

The single arrow that Moorcock used for the symbol of Law might work too. Can't get any easier than that, and talented folks could embellish it a bit.

ardyer

I cast my vote for olive because I like earthy colors, but I'd be happy with either if the greens too.

Not that I wouldn't be happy with the other colors.

And I like the arrow of law idea too.

phreedh

axiom":12cq80se said:
But I like turquoise :razz:
So much that we have at least two turquoise alternatives... =D

I haven't decided on the primary colour of my choice yet but I'm leaning towards grey. And then a nice colourful contrast to that. Shields with a mid grey background, black rim and a nice bright green arrow. That's good for ya! Grey cloaks, green tunics. Brown or tan boots and belts. I like it!

Anyone have a reference for this arrow, btw? Is it heavily stylized? Thick? Thin? Long? Short? Wide head or narrow? Or something like this:
215551-Royalty-Free-RF-Clipart-Illustration-Of-A-Happy-Smiling-Yellow-Arrow-Character.jpg

Asslessman

I was going to say a 5 branch star "à la" 'Oldhammer all stars' but the Tyr Rune is just so much better and easier to paint. There could be an issue with it being now associated with contestable movements though but I think the multi-racial aspect of our "Heroes of Good" makes it clear enough we don't associate with that neo-nazi bullcrap.

After the red/blue combo I 'd like to see, I have to say the olive/bone one is also one I'd enjoy...

phreedh

Asslessman":2kn4c6r5 said:
neo-nazi bullcrap.
Let's reclaim the tyr rune and not worry about any farfetched out-of-context interpretation that could be made if you're trying your hardest to be offended.

It would be one thing having double sig runes, with its direct history with the SS of nazi Germany.

The broad arrow looks best, imo. Let's go with that?

Back