Oldhammer Legacy Warband - Race Voting

Which of the following races should the very first Oldhammer Legacy Warband be?

• Dark Elves

Votes: 1 5.0%
  • Wood Elves

Votes: 2 10.0%
  • High Elves

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Empire

Votes: 3 15.0%
  • Bretonnian

• Chaos

• Skaven

• Orcs & Goblins

Votes: 4 20.0%
  • Dwarfs

• Slann

• Undead

• Halflings

• Hobgoblins

• Norse

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

axiom

The inaugural Oldhammer Legacy Warband looks like it's underway...first things first, lets decide on the race. I've used all the main races from the Warhammer Armies book, plus Halflings, Hobgoblins and Norse (all being readily available and characterful ranges). I've deliberately not included some of the more fringe races (zoats, fimir etc) for obvious reasons (availability and cost).

So, what race do you fancy making?

Fimm McCool

Really torn on this one. My first army was Undead so that has a strong appeal. At the same time it would be nice to do something that's never really appealed before so as to try out one nice model rather than the daunting task of a force. Goodies have no appeal to me, so Dark Elves it is. :twisted:

phreedh

Empire. Easier to get a coherent look. If we're 10-20 participants I think it'll be hard to get a similar look on orcs and goblins, who are mostly green and fur. Might end up looking like a bunch of random paint jobs bought off eBay instead of a uniform war band.

May I be the first to suggest we let the winner (or commissioner) finish the bases? It would help tying them together. Also, If I won I'd have no use for standard warhammer bases. I'm sure I'm not the only one. Would hate to have to rebase if the base was finished as part of the model, wouldn't feel right.

Asslessman

Chaotic to the bone I stay.I wholeheartedly agree with Phreedh on the basing thing, it can tie a motley crew of models just as it can make it appear like ... you see what I mean.

Chaos has the advantage of letting everyone give its own style with coherence being a lesser issue (it's just ...y'know....chaos!).

Zhu Bajie

Vote Other: Multi-racial team of heroes!

They should be tied together by the colourscheme / basing, and erm give people a wide variety of of choice. :grin:

Asslessman

Zhu Bajie":1xpl7fp8 said:
Vote Other: Multi-racial team of heroes!

They should be tied together by the colourscheme / basing, and erm give people a wide variety of of choice. :grin:

This is the essence of Chaos which will welcome any race, species, gender :ugeek:

Zhu Bajie

OI! I said heroes!

fellowship_ad.png

Good, clean living folks....

sven.jpg

...or alcoholic adventurers!

axiom

Don't think I can add in another choice without cancelling all current votes.

If you want to vote for Zhu's multi-race rainbow nation of law-abiding, morally pure hippies...then just post :) (same applies if you want to retract your prior vote and want to vote instead for the love-in option)

Zhu Bajie

axiom":38g2lpxn said:
Don't think I can add in another choice without cancelling all current votes.

Oh well.

Come one, come all..

Hippy wizards, drunken hobbits, vagabond mercenaries, vampire actresses, devout clergymen of dubious allegiance, oathsworn punk rock dwarf berserkers, olympic-archer elves, lesbian punk raygun-wielding riot girls, frog-people brought up as norsemen, plucky farm boys, questing knights, albino sorcerer princes, aged hermits, treasure hunters, you too can lay down your miserable life for fame, riches and overcoming evil and/or boredom!

Say "meh" to racial segregation! Together we can end Warhammer World Apartheid! Join The Rebel Alliance today!

+1

Asslessman

THAT kind of heroes? Alright then... :roll:

Gets my vote too, next year will be the cult of the lead redemption, this has to be done at some point.

phreedh

Actually, I think that's a very sensible option. Pigsy's got my vote too. Yes to Zhu, no to YOU!

zhu-bajie-eat-watermelon-1958.jpg

I hereby withdraw my vote for Empire (blech) and instead cast it on a heroic warband of mixed race.

Mister Rab

I should have read the thread before voting! -1 vote for O&G, +1 vote for the multi-faceted upholders of decency! (Of course, you can always use them as murder-hobos later :twisted: )

Asslessman

So how about it? Do we set oursleves on the multi-racial/multi-species murder-hobos? we ouldn't want to do orcs for a start would we?

axiom

OK folks, it was a win on the formal poll for orcs & goblins, HOWEVER Mister Rab withdrew his vote for greenskins and re-voted for a multi-racial 'good' warband (alongside Zhu, Asslessman & phreedh). This means, the winner, with 4 votes, was an option not even on the poll!

Multi-racial good warband it is then!

Blue in VT

Yeah, good. I forgot to mention that though I've voted for dwarf in the poll I'd be more than happy to Paint a dwarf for the multi racial war band.

Cheers,

Blue

Asslessman

Hurray ! Long live the multi-racial murder oldhammer band! Now I have to make myslef a Goatman as an entry... Next step is deciding the main colours right?

Just John

Boooo, the greenskins have been cheated out of victory by that treacherous Mr Rab. Ah well, can an orc be good? Or a goblin? ;)

Back