Legacy 2019 ideas?

symphonicpoet

Anyone have any thoughts on legacy 2019 yet? I sat out 2018. (More or less entirely.) But I'd be up for more mayhem.

Addendum: The mostly annual legacy warband is a raffle. The price of entry is one miniature. The winner takes the lot. Bunch of themed miniatures from devoted fans of the old. They don't need to be old lead, per se, though some of us do contribute old lead. They just need to somehow fit the theme and general style. And if you submit you get to stick a cool badge in your signature line.

symphonicpoet

That was the pattern. And also why I figured I could come back in 2019. ;) (No fantasy collection to speak of. But . . . maybe if the theme is right there's a reason to start.)

We've stayed pretty generic for a while. But nigh on all of us have at least a few orcs. Maybe some kind of fantasy orc band? Too specific?

Sleepysod

Never partipated in this event before but do you recall the game Chaos Marauders? The theme was a giant goblinoid army that was making its way across the badlands with its spoils following a successful campaign in the old world. Being orcish they rally into battle lines, have a bout of fisticuffs and try to nick the various treasures.

Scope for hobgoblins, gobbos, snotlings, trolls, skaven, dwarf prisoners, black orcs, orcs, and of course the titular Chaos Marauders.

scope for a battle line or two?

Sleepysod

And I’ve just realised that the cards from the original were drawn by John Blanche -v oldhammer (and there are some v cool beastmen images)

symphonicpoet

What say you we collect ideas for a few weeks, allow a week or so to vote on them, and get things started proper March 1?

symphonicpoet

Honestly, if the Chaos Marauder Warband can encompass orcs and gobbos and everything below then that might well be the theme. We're a little short on other suggestions anyway, and that sounds an awful lot like the fantasy equivalent of the pirates in space we did a few years back.

I'll leave this open for objections, but unless someone says something before March 1 . . .

Chaos Marauder Warband it is?

symphonicpoet

Ah! Sorry. This is a raffle. The price of entry is one miniature. The winner takes the lot. Bunch of themed miniatures from devoted fans of the old. They don't need to be old lead, per se, though some of us do contribute old lead. They just need to somehow fit the theme and general style. And if you submit you get to stick a cool badge in your signature line. (Well, maybe not. Might be another of my badges this year. But you get the idea.) Will add the rules to the top of this thread and the beginning of the official signup in a week.

OuteRimTim

Im in favor of the Chaos Marauder theme. There seems scope for just about anything 'bad'. That means lots of opportunities for creativity from participants, and a varied and eclectic group of miniatures upon completion. That is what I think is so great about this raffle: all the unique models, in differing styles, that fit together under a unified theme, showcasing all the different approaches people take to this hobby. My two cents anyway.

Fimm McCool

Yeah, Chaos Marauders is brill. BUT we need a list of cards and people have to claim them, we don't want lots of the same model! I'm quite happy to put that together, it will give me an excuse to dig out the box again.

symphonicpoet

We could do it as a list. I could post that list in the sign up if someone else is willing or able to write it up. First come first served. Proxies accepted and encouraged. Conversions praised. Once we've got that going we can discuss paint themes.

Sleepysod

One thing we definitely need are standards and musicians - one of each for each battle line. I personally fancy doing a hobgoblin standard or a sneaky git- neither of which I currently own...

symphonicpoet

^I don't personally see any reason why not, so long as the contributors would be able to coordinate to make it work. So long as each person puts in approximately a miniature's worth of material it should be fair. It would potentially allow much larger things to be a part of the raffle than otherwise. Other thoughts anyone?

inchmurrin

Put me down for a Claws of Malal beastman (?) never played the game but I think that's what they are. Do we need spoil heaps, might be fun to create one?

symphonicpoet

I honestly don't know spoil heaps as I've never played the game. Not a Warhammer Fantasy guy. I have a few fantasy miniatures and I'll contribute something, but . . . I don't know GW's fantasy world at all closely. I was a D&D guy and later other fantasy role play. I'll put you down for a Claws of Malal beastman on the signup thread.

Back