[MUSTER] Waaaagh Gobfang Ugsnaga - Blood Axe Warband

Chico

Right as I have so many projects currently on the go at the same time that sadly some get left behind and forgotten about, which is the very case with My Ork Warband.

So with this in mind I plan to paint at least 200 points of new Orks each month using the 2nd Ed Ork Codex.

So this month my plan is to paint:

1 Nob Warbike
1 Warbike
1 Wartrak
1 Warbuggy

Note: I already have a large lot of my Orks painted so check them out on my blog :)

Chico

So everything is now stripped (I used FPS this time, and I have to say I prefer Dettol) and now just waiting on a few new Bases to come in the post and they should be ready to prime and i can get cracking.

I also have another Staff Car (Old Battlewagon) coming so I might be able to Shoehorn it in this months painting challenge.

Just John

Is FPS the Fairy Power Spray. Just used that over the weekend for the first time and it worked a treat. I've never had much luck with the dettol.

Chico

Just John":14oiun3d said:
Is FPS the Fairy Power Spray. Just used that over the weekend for the first time and it worked a treat. I've never had much luck with the dettol.

Yes it is, I find it bloody expensive and unlike Dettol (Which I get from the pound shop) I can't reuse. Smells better though so i didn't have the wife moaning at me heh

Chico

illuminatus":wvjronrp said:
Ah Dettol. Like Marmite its one of those essentials I just can't buy for love nor money here in Brettonia.

Heheh just like the Brits travelling to France for cheap Alcohol and Cigarettes, I now picture the French travelling to England for Dettol hehe

Asslessman

Chico":qpriwl82 said:
illuminatus":qpriwl82 said:
Ah Dettol. Like Marmite its one of those essentials I just can't buy for love nor money here in Brettonia.

Heheh just like the Brits travelling to France for cheap Alcohol and Cigarettes, I now picture the French travelling to England for Dettol hehe

Talk about it, I went to UK last summer and came back with 4 bottles + my dose of gingerbread (I just love this stuff so much...) and a load of fantasy books (I just can't read translated versions). If you are short on stripping magic, Illuminatus, we're 1h far from each other, maybe I can spare one bottle? (For metal models I'll continue with acetone, smells like hell but strips better than anything).

My loot form hollidays : http://leadplague.blogspot.fr/2013/08/i ... -time.html

Mutantdale

Chico don't worry about the colour the power spray goes.. even when it is black and a thick gloop it still clens the paint off easily.
If the paint is really stubborn leave it a couple of days at the most.

I never empty my tub of FPS just top it up every couple of months when it starts to run low. Always got a batch on minis in there too. As soon as I finish stripping 1 lot another goes straight in.

Also if it gets too thick I just add a dash of water to thin it again..

MD

Chico

I guess I'll give FPS another shot, but maybe I'm just a die hard Dettol fan.. just can't beat the price :)

Chico

So as this Painting Challenge has got me rather motivated to do my Orks, I've resided to redo a few as an added Muster extra on top of this months 200points:

So bring you Gobfang Ugsnaga and his Kommandants:

ytdu.jpg

58yf.jpg

8hws.jpg

Next up is a Gretchin with Banner pole and a Painboy and that will make this Nob Mob is complete, then I'll get on with the Bikes/traks/buggys :)

Chico

As I said I was going to shoehorn in a Battlewagon into this months MUSTER,so here we go:

Freebooter Battlewagon, The Jolly Ork:

13zy.jpg

4tqd.jpg

p4sg.jpg

Chico

Asslessman":37cz8oxw said:
You speed demon ! Very nice pirate touch on those chaps!

Heh trouble is I know I should be painting the Bikes but I'm now sidetracked painting Freebooters... :lol:

Chico

Finished my Bikers a few weeks ago, but forgot to share the pictures:

Attachments

• Watford-20131112-00484.jpg
    Watford-20131112-00484.jpg
    248.4 KB · Views: 2,681

Asslessman

Thes elook good, I love the dark paintscheme.
I'm no pro at taking photos but may I suggest you add more light from the front of the model than from the back, it would avoid the backlight effect and let us appreciate what looks like splendid RT orks :)

Asslessman

Chico":ymlndytp said:
Heh, the pictures won't get any better until i get my new camera for my birthday :)
The whole forum will be thankfull to whoever buys you the new cam ;) lighting from the front and not from the back will come in time... :roll:
Now enough with the "blurry pics" BS (I tried to avoid it as much as I could) and take your thread back to receive some well-earned congrats for an army that's taking shape very well ;)

Chico

So after months of being put on the back burner I've finished my Freebooter Mob along with a Renegade Mek.

DSCF0131.JPG

Renegade Mek, Kaptain, Kabin Boy

DSCF0129.JPG

First Mate, 2 Freebooters

DSCF0118.JPG

Freebooter, Freebooter Minder, Madboy

DSCF0127.JPG

Freebooter, Freebooter Minder

Chico

Another update from me, better pictures of the Kult of Speed.

1527082_10152126737125149_83338858_n.jpg

Nob and 2 Bikers

1488279_10152126737145149_2144342530_n.jpg

Buggy and Trak

1544561_10152126737245149_60332370_n.jpg

Close up of the buggy

1497679_10152126737250149_2121726721_n.jpg

Close up of thr Trak.

Still left to finish is 2 more buggys, 1 Scorcha & 1 Warbike.

Back