I've Never painted a ....... before - The Fantasy 100 club

Tacgnol

Re: I've Never painted a ....... before - The Fantasy 100 cl

Lostanddamned":2fyc9890 said:
Tacgnol":2fyc9890 said:
53. I've never painted a... Giant Griffon-Man Swinging a Warhammer

I love this guy. He's from the Journey to Creation range of action figures Poundland sells, and painted up really easily. I love repurposing cheap toys.

He looks great, my one critique would be that unless you wanted to keep him posible, you should have glued his arms and other moving parts and greenstuffed the joints!

Thanks for the critique, and sorry for the immensely late reply! I actually had clipped the ball joints off and glued the arms on. It wasn't meant to be a gaming piece (hence the enormous base), it was a present for my girlfriend who is really into birds and isn't a gamer so it didn't have to look seamless on the tabletop ;)

inchmurrin

No 54 I've never painted a Hobgoblin before.

Despite playing AD&D when it was first published I've never painted a hobgoblin before even as a DM. So I went for the brown toned skin and eastern influence. I'm not at all sure the origin of the figure, and as usual for me it was missing something in this case most of the spear.

935868952_o.jpg

935868958_o.jpg

Number 74!

I've never painted a skeleton before so I thought now was a good time... But instead of doing just one I thought I might as well do 11 instead!!!

blogger-image--1283289306.jpg

blogger-image-1720356522.jpg

blogger-image-363210206.jpg

I also used these guys to test out the Army Painter range of paints which turned out to be a joy to use and delivered some excellent results.

As this was my first trial I'm doing a guide on my blog at:https://classicastartes.blogspot.co.uk/2017/08/my-first-fantasy-skeletons.html

I'll definitely be doing further undead in the future.... And hopefully many more fantasy models!!

inchmurrin

Number 75 - a Chronicle Ogre

(Hope I got the counting correct this time!)

I picked up this guy in a trade on the Facebook group, he is a Chronicle N14 Ogre Ear Chewer. Dettoled and repainted here he is .

1014275249_o.jpg

1014275265_o.jpg

1014275236_o.jpg

I found him a bit confusing at times and its a while since I painted something this old but it was really rather enjoyable. Comments and criticism welcomed.

Brokk

# 76

I've never painted a Beastman before... Well actually I've painted not only one but six! Jes Goodwin's Beastmen are the best :mrgreen:

Juxt

#77... I've never painted a hobgob-on-a-dog before... here he is with a friend-on-a-dog

vonkortez

I´ve never painted a nurgle (or any other) chaos warrior before

IMG_20190425_214209_0.jpg

symphonicpoet

Oh, very nice! But now as you have painted one it looks FANTASTIC! :)

Wow that's a really well painted Ogre.

Don't leave without me - My Griffon has been locked away in another state for 2 years!

Should be here in 2 weeks or so - I'M NOT GIVING UP!

inchmurrin

Fine Firmir and like the misty scenery well timed for the month of Marsh.

Captain Crooks":2sgtknn2 said:
Bluey Zarzov":2sgtknn2 said:
This is a lot more difficult than I thought it would be.

Um..... anyone got a Dragon Ogre they want to let go?

Iv'e painted:
Humans, knights, elves, wood elves, dark elves, dwarfs, goblins, orcs, beastmen, minotaurs, harpies, chaos, demons, fimir, gargoyles, beholder, owlbears, thieves, ice elves, dancers, prancers, thunder mages, lightning mages, necromancers, zombies, skeletons, mummies, snakemen, lizardmen, ogres, giants, trolls, dragons, wyverns, hydras....

Oh hey -

a griffon!

got it

I can probably sort you out with a dragon ogre if you really want one. And I want to see pics off ALL that stuff you mentioned. Especially the dancers and prancers.

There's a lot on my blog (listed bleow) that includes the dancers (at least) - but I guess I'm gonna have to take a lot more photos soon. A great deal of those were painted on commission from others way back when even camera phones were not a thing - so I guess I'll do my best to get as many photos up as I can.

Still have to paint the griffon too

Back