Attack 2016 - Any Interest?

Golgfag1

Ladies & Gentlemen,

I've recently received an invitation to put on a demonstration/ participation game on at Attack 2016, in Devizes, Wiltshire - would any of you be interested in helping undertaking such a venture?

In hope

Paul / Golgfag1

Below the message I received - I look forward to receiving your responses.

Dear All,

Devizes and District Wargames Group will be running Attack 2016 on 16/17July; as we have done historically, we are looking to maintain its reputation for great value and friendliness. Therefore, we are sending out a call for people and clubs to attend with either a participation or demonstration game. Having assessed feedback from the attendees, we are very keen to ensure that games this year involve the Public as much as possible;

Therefore, I'd be very grateful if you were to let me know by 11 April at the latest:

a. Your wish to attend/non-attendance (Including name of group/company.

b. What your requirements are in terms of table size. The normal table size is 6x4 but there is some capacity to provide larger but this cannot be confirmed until we have collated all applications.

c. Let me have a few details on the game for our programme, importantly including whether it is participation or demonstration. If it is a demonstration game, please let us know how you will engage the Public eg: display boards, info sheets, members standing by to engage and explain.

d. Proposed days of attendance – obviously, we would prefer people to be there for the whole show.

Finally, please note that free entry passes are only available to a maximum of 4 people per participation/demo game per day.

Please contact me if you have any additional questions etc.
Once we have collated all returns, we will be in touch at the end of April to confirm the allocations.
Here's to another cracking show.

Many thanks,

Gary Walling

Fimm McCool

Devizes is very close to me so yes I'd be up for it. I'd actually be interested in running some of the Oakbound stuff with them as well...

lenihan

Sounds like fun, I'd be up for helping with this, just a matter of knowing my summer whereabouts. You got any ideas for what kind of game/display?

Golgfag1

Thanks for showing willing Gentlemen,

To be honest, the Devizes's team have always been fairly open to pretty much anything, so let your imagination run? :o :shock: :o

Paul / Golgfag1 8-)

weazil

Hmmm...this is interesting - an event that's actually (somewhat) near my house.

I suppose the first question is: participation or demo? I have a feeling we all have a stronger leaning in towards fantasy right now (based on the respondents, at any rate)?

Golgfag1

Fimm McCool":3kssdm1g said:
Devizes is very close to me so yes I'd be up for it. I'd actually be interested in running some of the Oakbound stuff with them as well...

OK Fimm, how would you like this to run?

Paul / Golgfag1

Fimm McCool

Well, approaching it from an Oakbound perspective I'd hope to be about ready to launch Secrets of Shandisholm, The Woods sourcebook at that point so would be interested in doing some Celtic stuff with the SystemMech rules that come in the book- it's all light, narrative stuff so could fit.

But from an Oldhammer perspective I'd equally be happy to participate in/run some WFB3 games in the same vein, or do something completely different! I'll have a nice marsh and cobbled city/dungeon board by then and it looks like Harry will have an entire mountain complex of passages!

Golgfag1

Just so happens I'm re-basing my ancient Gallic types for warhammer, so I can use them as barbarians of the Northern wastes - this may come together yet. Give Harry a poke and see if he's willing to come out & play? As I had approached him about coming over to me in March for a game.

Paul / Golgfag1

Back