Any more on the proposed Early March Foundry weekend?

Erny

As the title says. It was suggested some time ago that a Boyl 3.5 could be in the offing. Anyone know who is sorting this out and if it is happening?

Chico

There hasn't been anything mentioned again about this (Both here or the FB groups) that I've noticed. It seems to have been forgotten about.

Erny

I was, in my usual bullish way trying to push everyone to sign up to what I wanted to do, yes. As to organising the actual event, it was mentioned that it would likely happen and I got excited. If it's a case that the idea was approved by the Ansells but nothing has since been done I can help organise if needed but only if I'm not treading on anyones toes.

There's an Oldhammer event ("Lead of Winter") going on at Foundry on Feb 27th which you are quite welcome to join if you find that organising BOYL 3.5 is not feasible.

weazil

This is interesting - I saw the creation of the lead of winter and had assumed it was the thing James, Harry, Erny and others were talking about at BOYL. I'll check in with James...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Golgfag1

I thought this was suppose to be the BIG GAME EVENT, rather than have a large game at BOYL in August - Hence, my preparations in producing a new Chaos army, am quite prepared to get involved in helping to organize, if required? :grin:

Paul / Golgfag1

lenihan

I liked what I was reading about the Early March game and would probably be up for it. Erny, if you have a bit of a spiel about your plans, I can publicise it on the facebook group to see if I can drum up further interest?

I've put up a thread for The Lead of Winter. I'll be organising stuff with the Ansells anyway so if some guys want to piggyback the event and run tables alongside us let me know and I can arrange for food etc.

Golgfag1

Warlord Paul":2ouleiuj said:
I've put up a thread for The Lead of Winter. I'll be organising stuff with the Ansells anyway so if some guys want to piggyback the event and run tables alongside us let me know and I can arrange for food etc.

WP,

As I don't 'do' Facebook you're going to have to post here, if you want me or any others like me to join the party - tell us more? :grin:

Paul / Golgfag1

Skarsnik

Golgfag1":22kqgx33 said:
Warlord Paul":22kqgx33 said:

WP,

As I don't 'do' Facebook you're going to have to post here, if you want me or any others like me to join the party - tell us more? :grin:

Paul / Golgfag1

viewtopic.php?f=24&t=7305

Anyone who doesn't do the Facebook, just pop a comment on the Lead of Winter thread or shoot me a PM. I keep track of numbers to help Diane Ansell plan ahead for the food and drinks.

The venue is well known to most of us by now so you can picture the amount of space available pretty easily. If there are those wanting to come and play on the same day but on a different table, this is really easy to organise so just let me know. I will ask Marcus to make some space available in the marquee if required too, this is normally a bit higgledy-piggledy with spare stock, chairs, tables etc. otherwise.

I will update the thread here with all the details as they get firmed up. I am coordinating with Orlygg (who is guest GM) as my wife is giving birth in January and it'll be nice to hand over the responsibility for the final stages of planning after Christmas.

The Lead of Winter has had to shift back a week to the 5th of March. The Sunday is a possibility if you guys require it. Diane likes to be exact about food requirements but other than that she is happy for us to thrash out our arrangements and they will accommodate us.

lenihan

Seems like that 5/6 March weekend is looking like a plan then? We've got Orlygg/ Warlord Paul's game on the saturday, and Erny's proposed game either on the sunday or indeed on both days if that's what it takes... that's the core of what I would see as an event!

Harry

GROG (Gloucestershire Retro and Oldhammer Gamers) ... OK ... me, Chris and Geoff :grin:
Were talking about a winter themed game for the next BOYL This would seem like a better time of the year for such a game. I shall see how they are fixed for this weekend.
Maybe we can run that game? It would be a bit like the the boats .... (bring a boat or turn up with nothing grab a spare boat and join in .... except this would be small warbands instead of boats/crews)

lenihan

Harry":1iq5pjub said:
GROG (Gloucestershire Retro and Oldhammer Gamers) ... OK ... me, Chris and Geoff :grin:
Were talking about a winter themed game for the next BOYL This would seem like a better time of the year for such a game. I shall see how they are fixed for this weekend.
Maybe we can run that game? It would be a bit like the the boats .... (bring a boat or turn up with nothing grab a spare boat and join in .... except this would be small warbands instead of boats/crews)

Sounds like a plan!

jprp

I`m confused again, the BIG battle will be on Sat or all weekend?
Have we any further clarification about forces? :?:

Back