BOYL 15.5 the BFG, Morcar rise!

Erny

For the discussion of the potential Big Friendly Game in March. We have no firm dates but nothing is stopping us ploughing ahead any way.

So far we have a theme, the return of Morcar. A plot, several adventures to deplete the power of Morcars spirit and a big battle for a summoning temple and channeling stones to prevent or ensure the rise of Morcar. When I get time I'll summaries what we've discussed already but please do continue the discussion here.

Ok. Let's get technical for a minute. How big are those big tables? 12 x6? Two of them together gives us 24 x 6. I reckon each player could be given 4 foot each to deploy giving us 6 players per side. If we give them 3 feet them we'd get 8 players a side and if we went for 12 players we'd end up with 2 foot to deploy. I reckon a single Infantry unit would on average take up about 5inches width (5x25mm or 6x20mm) so that means about 2 units per foot. This gives us a rough number of 48 units deployed in the van guard. A similar amount in the mainward. So 96 units per side (without a third line of troops) . So if we have 6 players they'd have to supply 16 units each, 6 players would have 12 units and 12 players would have to bring 8 units. Obviously this is all maximums but gives us rough ideas of what kind of numbers we can play with.

Snickit

whiskey priest":2y8m9iay said:
Ok. Let's get technical for a minute. How big are those big tables? 12 x6? Two of them together gives us 24 x 6. I reckon each player could be given 4 foot each to deploy giving us 6 players per side. If we give them 3 feet them we'd get 8 players a side and if we went for 12 players we'd end up with 2 foot to deploy. I reckon a single Infantry unit would on average take up about 5inches width (5x25mm or 6x20mm) so that means about 2 units per foot. This gives us a rough number of 48 units deployed in the van guard. A similar amount in the mainward. So 96 units per side (without a third line of troops) . So if we have 6 players they'd have to supply 16 units each, 6 players would have 12 units and 12 players would have to bring 8 units. Obviously this is all maximums but gives us rough ideas of what kind of numbers we can play with.

Ummmmmm, sounds a little low to me :lol:

Erny

I can supply 16 units for sure, for both good ad bad, Harry could probably do even more. Maybe once we have firm dates people can sign up to on side or another and then they can all discuss what they can bring to the table nobody should feel left out for lack of toys, we have plenty.

On the senario front I was thinking there should be four wizards in the temple trying to summon Morcar. These would of course be the Wizards of Morcar. The evil players could use them to cast spells but this would add on time to the summoning.

Snickit

Erny":1h5qenmb said:
I can supply 16 units for sure, for both good ad bad, Harry could probably do even more. Maybe once we have firm dates people can sign up to on side or another and then they can all discuss what they can bring to the table nobody should feel left out for lack of toys, we have plenty.

On the senario front I was thinking there should be four wizards in the temple trying to summon Morcar. These would of course be the Wizards of Morcar. The evil players could use them to cast spells but this would add on time to the summoning.

There would surely be 5 of them, not only the 4 Wizards of Morcar but also the "Witch Lord" (was it Witch Lord or Witch King? I'm pretty sure it was Lord).

OR

Should the Witch Lord be leading the Evil Army whilst the Wizards of Morcar do their thang?

His right hand man could be the Orc Warlord (I can't remember his name).

Golgfag1

Sorry Guys,

Your loosing me here as I don't know the story of Morcar, can anybody point me in the direction, please?

Put it down to my age!

Paul / Golgfag1

Golgfag1

Golgfag1":28fovw42 said:
Sorry Guys,

Your loosing me here as I don't know the story of Morcar, can anybody point me in the general direction, please?

Put it down to my age!

Paul / Golgfag1

Snickit

Golgfag1":2qdn4jw9 said:
Sorry Guys,

Your loosing me here as I don't know the story of Morcar, can anybody point me in the direction, please?

Put it down to my age!

Paul / Golgfag1

Do an online search for the stories behind Heroquest and see if it explains anything. :grin:

Thantsants

I reckon the Witch Lord (although I seem to remember him as the Witch King?) and Ulag should be leading the Evil armies - not to mention Verag the Gargoyle.

Does that mean that Prince Magnus and Sir Ragnar will be heading up the good guys?

Snickit

Thantsants":1okv3p5z said:
I reckon the Witch Lord (although I seem to remember him as the Witch King?) and Ulag should be leading the Evil armies - not to mention Verag the Gargoyle.

Does that mean that Prince Magnus and Sir Ragnar will be heading up the good guys?

I think this is all starting to fall into place!

JellyRovers

Basically Morcar is a big bad wizard somewhere in the Old World. The players in Heroquest are tasked with foiling his plans and cutting their way through various Henchmen including the Witch King, some Wizards with fun hats and endless Orcs Lieutenants.

All the names so far are lifted from various quests in the game and supplements.

Speaking of which... Where will the Ogres fit in? Latecomers to the battle?

Erny

From the books I guess we have:

A few Orc warlords and a mighty shaman (other shamen must be knocking about too.)

Two Necromancer types.

A daemon.

A high wizard with chaos knight guards.

A mad elementalist.

The Ogre horde.

I guess anyone turning up with ogres puts them in the horde for a single player to control.

Oh and Fimir are on the cards too. Literally.

Zhu Bajie

Golgfag1":1nkljii9 said:
Sorry Guys,

Put it down to my age!

Paul / Golgfag1

Hasbro have some low-res and occasionally upside-down PDFs of the US Heroquest quest books if that helps?

http://www.hasbro.com/common/instruct/H ... stbook.pdf
http://www.hasbro.com/common/instruct/H ... stBook.pdf
http://www.hasbro.com/common/instruct/H ... stBook.pdf
http://www.hasbro.com/common/instruct/H ... horror.pdf
http://www.hasbro.com/common/instruct/H ... mirror.pdf

Zargon = Morcar. A US / UK thing :?

Have fun!

Snickit

Erny":2oji43p9 said:
From the books I guess we have:

A few Orc warlords and a mighty shaman (other shamen must be knocking about too.)

Two Necromancer types.

A daemon.

A high wizard with chaos knight guards.

A mad elementalist.

The Ogre horde.

I guess anyone turning up with ogres puts them in the horde for a single player to control.

Oh and Fimir are on the cards too. Literally.

Chuck in AHQ and you get Prazngar, Prince of Evil of Skavendom, although they don't reference Mor at obviously.

I guess the Witch Lord/King is a Liche to be exact.

Norse

I have the praznagar, Prince of agony figure in my painting table at the moment. Not got 16 units worth of skaven though!

Snickit

Norse":1yt04fc4 said:
I have the praznagar, Prince of agony figure in my painting table at the moment. Not got 16 units worth of skaven though!

Was this just the Clanrats with Sword and Dagger? Could replace him with a Greater Daemon of the Horned Rat

Back