Oldhammer Weekend Ireland Nov. 21 2015

Just John

Re: Oldhammer Weekend Ireland 2015

May 16th you say - I shall do my utmost to make an appearance as I'm looking forward to seeing the WW2 rules in action. Oh and a bit of oldhammer wouldn't go astray either :grin:

Piers B

Would be good!

Hoping to have a bunch of Oldhammer figures and boxed sets up for sale or trade on the day... Lots of figures anyway! :grin:

Come grab a bargain!

phreedh

Just wanted to let you know that I still hope to attend, if at all possible. The costs involved aren't really a problem, the flight to Dublin is about £80 back and forth. I'm going to Greece (if there's any Greece left!) in September. I'll spoil my wife then, and after that I'll know if I can come. :grin:

Is the date still November 20-22? How about updating the first post in the thread with some pertinent info, John? :) Date, venue address etc and so on...

Piers B

Hi guys,

Back here after an extended abscence due to the day job and prepping for a show in the UK last weekend... Very manic.

Anyway, back to the Oldhammer Ireland event, Im meeting with Tom and Brian on Thursday (9th July) to finalise when is the best weekend, but it still seems to be the 20-22nd November.

Venue will be TheHobbyDen in Kildare as we have access to tables and scenery plus nearby places to stay if needed.

Will be back with more info as soon as I can...

P

Just John

As soon as everything is confirmed I will put all the relevant info in the firstv post.

Piers B

Sadly Brian who runs the Hobbyden was away this weekend so I will catch up with him this week...

Just John

Don't put all the pressure on yourself Piers - there are enough of us around to help out putting on games etc. As I think I mentioned Mr Saturday and myself would like to put on a game of WFB and all we will need is the table space and a couple of gallons of coffee. I'm sure once the date is set others will step up to the plate too.

cheetor

Just John":hvim7di1 said:
As I think I mentioned Mr Saturday and myself would like to put on a game of WFB and all we will need is the table space and a couple of gallons of coffee.

And as I mentioned in this thread a while back, I will run some sort of 40k Deathworld safari job. A multi-player thing, with a handful of miniatures per person.

Piers B

Cool beans...

But Im gonna do something... even if its just a skirmish! :grin:

Besides... pressure is the only thing that gets me painting! :lol:

Aiteal

As I mentioned to one or two of the other O'Hammer folk I'm planning on coming down, I've been working on a scenario involving dwarves and skaven using Saga rules and battleboards I've been drawing up myself. Basically it involves a delivery of Bugman's finest brew to a dwarven mine in hostile territory.
By November everything will be done including a terrain board I'm making. I'm making steady progress through the miniatures needed and all that's left for me to buy is a bugmans cart and a few of Bood's wonderful dwarven cavalry when his kickstarter goes live.

Things will ramp up for this pretty quickly now, I am already mentally earmarking the WHFB3 units I want to get painted by then. ;)

cheetor

Is the date for this finalised? Last I remember it was Nov 20-22. Is that confirmed? I need to make plans well in advance or I may miss it.

Im definitely up for it, but I am now busy November 13-15 November for example.

Aiteal":kz9b2j81 said:
As I mentioned to one or two of the other O'Hammer folk I'm planning on coming down

Sign me up for a that game please Michael, glad to hear that you will be able to make it :)

Just John

The date and venue have been finalised.

Saturday November 21st
The Hobby Den, Kildare.

Piers will start a new thread later today with more details and then we can start planning games.

Back