Goblinoids- finished in time for Orctober!

Mophus

Re: Goblinoids- Only shields to go, Grubod and Ulg page 8

Archeopainting and -sculpting at its best! Especially the perfect copies of the different Orc skin tones is a masterpiece!

Ketil Trout

Beautiful, beautiful work. I admire the determination at every level in this project. Can't wait to see the shields

Mophus

Fimm McCool":1fru9jrs said:
The grass was probably my single biggest headache! I ordered loads of flocks and they were all either too green or too brown (photography probably altered the colours on the cards). In the end I blended model tree shop spring green and Javis sand.

I think you made the perfect choice with the grass. Unfortunately I can't find the specific product at the model tree online shop. Are they out of stock?

Fimm McCool

20449172_10155372633247279_2232118603852978162_o.jpg

Look who I found in Bryan's cabinet at the weekend!

not to brag, but I think it's pretty close. So exciting to see one in the lead, and see how vibrant the colours are. I will have to take him along next year for comparison.

Attachments

• Untitled-1.jpg
    Untitled-1.jpg
    123 KB · Views: 2,602

Fimm McCool

It's Orctober!

I hadn't noticed until this afternoon. Well, I'd noticed it's October... my birthday, my kickstarter project going live, the Pratchett exhibition opening... but not that it was ORCtober!

Something in my inner consciousness must have paid attention though as I started back on the shields last night. :)

JonAtron

Great work, truly lovely to look at and explore.

Fimm McCool

Finished! Shields done for Orctober of course.

IMG_2370.JPG

More photos on the blog: http://fimmmccools.blogspot.co.uk/2017/10/orctober-goblinoids-photo-dump.html
A bit blurry because of these dark British winter evenings, better ones to come when I'm next home during daylight hours!

Some of these shields are a bit ropey, I'll probably go back and retouch them when I next have time and inclination but for the moment I'm happy to call it done.

Now, the question remains- gloss or matt glaze? Some I've done a gloss glaze on and they look nicely old-school but the shine doesn't photograph so well. The matt is more 'modern' but results in better photos so I'm thinking I'll go with that but would be interested to hear opinions.

Subedai

Congratulations, that was a challenging project, and the paint jobs look fantastic!

My vote is for matte varnish, I don't like the 'fake' highlighting that gloss brings.

Back