Cultist Halberdiers

Padre

My Tilean campaign is progressing, but doing so slowly. It isn't because of RL, nor having tardy players (who are no doubt getting fed up with the slow pace!) but because I am rebuilding all the historical campaign posts on my website (after re-working and correcting their grammar on this forum), and also painting more figures.

Here are my latest figures, 40 Morrite 'Dedicants', for which I will be creating some house rules so that they possess some of the flagellant rules - something along the lines that they can voluntarily (or perhaps on a Ld test - failed or passed, I am not sure) adopt 'flagellant' mode at some point in the game.

Here they are ranked 5 by 8 ...
Ne50vjb.jpg

I might re-do the book because I became impatient whilst trying to do a 'cunning' new print-and-glue technique, and the pages kept coming up too short, In the end I just adding a few painted lines at the bottom which I think ruins the effect as they aren't quite right!

SjluFIk.jpg

I composed and typed a Morrite prayer, then reduced the pages to a very tiny size! If my printer, camera and MSPaint were a bit better, you could zoom in and read the writing.

Ranked 4 by 10 ...

0Z3Md0G.jpg

I scavenged blades from all over for the 'counts-as' halberds. There are skaven weapons and free company ones in there, as well as some converted Frostgrave sword blades. I wanted a kind of crazed, ragged but nasty look.

Now I can start working on the end of season stories, which should feature these new figures. Then I will begin the individual players' reports (x6). This may be delayed by the need to do a battle to finish the season off, depending on whether the player in question wants to bother actually playing a battle he's guaranteed to win against a small NPC force, just to work out what casualties he receives.

40NqArh.jpg

All I have to do with these now is decide on a Morrite emblem for the banner - either a raven, or an hourglass - and paint the musician's horn. (Oooer, missus!)

Golgfag1

Nicely done sir, they will be a stunning unit on the table, will we be seeing them at BOYL2018?

In hope

Paul / Golgfag1

Padre

Hadn't thought of that! Maybe I could do a scenario based on a historical conflict in my Tilean campaign when Church of Morr fanatics, and allied city state troops, took on a condottiere's mercenary army. That could be fun.

Yet at the same time, having thought of this, I know that whatever finally emerges will be little like this original idea!!

Zhu Bajie

Padre":3c9mu0gw said:
I might re-do the book because I became impatient whilst trying to do a 'cunning' new print-and-glue technique, and the pages kept coming up too short, In the end I just adding a few painted lines at the bottom which I think ruins the effect as they aren't quite right!

I think they look like hand-written footnotes at the bottom of a page of typescript. Works for me!

Nice looking unit.

Back