Fighting the Trolltooth Wars in 28mm. Advice please?

Thantsants

I think the mutton chops really finish him off!

Mind you, shouldn't he have some scantily clad princess of Mars languishing round his feet for some extra Man Points? :lol:

He is indeed a faux John Carter (called Jack Carson or something like that) and there are a succession of busty beauties available in the same range, as well as a few other Martian types.

Thank you very much Aiteal! Donations are entirely on the terms of those who wish to contribute, I will give you and the others some guidance on unit sizes very soon. I will post the info on this thread, after the Oldhammer Weekend, when I have time to turn my full attention to it!

lenihan

I always loved Fighting Fantasy illustrations, have a copy of Out of the Pit and Titan.

With regards to lizardmen, I think the closest I've seen to the FF lizardmen are the ones that Chaz Elliott sculpted for Reaper:
14222_G.jpg

14351_G.jpg

14225_G.jpg

Not a million miles away from this:
2-lizard-men.jpg

Though not exactly identical, sadly.

From a more classic archaeogaming perspective, I've long admired the Tom Meier lizardmen:
http://www.collecting-citadel-miniature ... xed_Set%29
cp4lizards.jpg

Could probably be made to fit. Saw some on ebay recently and was contemplating going for them.

The Tom Meier Lizzies look great Lenihan, thanks for chipping in with that. Maybe the Reaper ones would do for leaders or unit fillers as they are quite big and bulky compared to the others.

Aiteal

I bought the Meier lizard warriors recently and they are very small and slight, you could probably stack two or three of them to reach the eye level of the current Kroxigor models, the C19 lizardmen and Karnac's are much heftier.
C19 on left, Lizard warrior on right

Attachments

• IMG_20130829_173602.jpg
    IMG_20130829_173602.jpg
    150.4 KB · Views: 1,925

Hetz

Well I have loads of Citadel Goblins and Orcs, Also have Dark Elves. So Yorkshire reinforcements are possible if those are suitable. :grin:

Thantsants

Good man Hetz!

Luckily I have a few C19'ers and a unit of Karnacs. The Tom Meier Lizzies are great but a little on the small side as Aiteal says. His Troglodytes are a very similar design and happily I have a few of them too - the perfectionist in me is reaching for the green stuff to give them horns though :lol:

I reckon those Reapers would be good as champions.

How about some smallish and affordable Griffins for the Tooki?

Hi all, I have decided it is best to represent each of the individual Hill Goblin tribes with four models and amalgamate five tribes into seven Warhammer regiments of 20 models.

Any volunteers wanting to chip in, please either PM your address to me so I can post you some minis or ask for mine so you can send me your contribution.

Whatever you do, whether its a single tribe/rank or a full regiment your help is very much appreciated. If you do a rank musicians are unnecessary and standards are optional. If you do a regiment musicians are optional but at least one standard would look good. Each full regiment will benefit from a champion model to represent the tribal leadership but I can always put these in as they are supposed to be different and stand out anyway.

@Thantsants: Grab some of those plastic High Elf Griffons from the Warhammer box set second hand. They crop up on eBay all the time for 99p plus P&P, you can then just convert some nice Tooki riders onto them.

Cheers Zhu, those Gobbos are excellent, I will definitely make a few tribes out of them. Thanks for the link. The economy in Allansia must be strong with all those Evil wizards hiring, the Goblinoids are always so well-equipped.

Hi all.

I am leaving the forum soon but this project with Thantsants is still going ahead and you will be able to see the results posted up in various places. The roadshow (when it's ready) will be in support of the Facebook page and not the forum.

I'd like to thank all those who have contributed and who have offered to contribute, I will stay in touch/be in touch shortly, in the meantime I am easiest to contact at thewarlordpaul@gmail.com or my blog (see link below).

Citadel Collector":1el2sm7b said:
I hope you might reconsider Paul, the forum will be a poorer place without your contributions.

That's very kind of you to say. At the moment though, I feel as though I have experienced too much negativity here, you should see some of the vile rubbish I have in my inbox, and I feel that the blogosphere and Facebook will give me all I need for now. Feel free to send me a friend request on FB by the way!

Thantsants

Really sorry to hear this WP but obviously glad you're up for continuing the project.

I'm afraid Facebook is beyond me but I obviously have your email.

I would second Steve's appeal though - ignore the vile rubbish and rise above it!

Back