What events are happening at BOYL 2023?

Hello everyone.

I just recently found the BOYL homepage. Saturday tables are already booked up. But I haven't seen any posts here about games people are running. Is there some alternative forum where people are going to organise these days?

I was thinking to bring space hulk again this year, if anyone is interested.

I suspect that it’s all arranged via Facebook these days. If so, it’s a bit of a problem for those of us that don’t use it.

Golgfag1

I'm planning to run a series of Warhammer games over the course of the weekend, with each day leading into the next with each player given a task which they can or not. I'm providing all the figures etc just need players to join-in, anybody?

Paul / Golgfag1

Not personally this year. I was planning to join games organised by some mates from Hertfordshire, but table availability may be an issue.

Are you taking bookings for slots in your game, Paul? If so, how can people contact you?

Golgfag1

Taking bookings, god, that's too organised for me. I'm just trying to draft a narrative game with the forces I have available which I'll break down accordingly to how many players I get over te course of the weekend?
Day one is the trade of the offerings to the half-orcs by the vikings ;) , who will try to get away with the money :grin: , the rescue attempt by the samurai of the offerings from the Half-orcs :twisted: and that will be watched from one table edge, by the barbarians at one end of the table :? , whilst the Black orcs, wolf riders and forces of chaos enter from other end making their way to the rendezvous point, making their way passed the orge mercenaries who are waiting for their next job in the centre of the table!
Day two sees the fall-out from the previous day, and the entry of additional evil forces bringing up the rear of the column heading for the rendezous, and the possible entry of the Empre who just want to find out whats going on? along the flank of the column of march. There may also be tribe of trolls hidden, who's one objective will be detremined by whoever plays them or me the GM! :lol:
I strongly suggest if you're considering joining this little shin-dig - you read my post of preparations for BOYL2023 which will give you some direction as to why all this is happening and the forces involved.
Day three will again pick-up the pieces of the previous two days :roll: the entry of the Dark Elves if required to hopefully see the forces of chaos make their call home at the rendezous point, or else! 8-)
All forces can be subdivided and all players will be given their own objectives which they can choose to follow or not!

Hope this provides a taste of what might happen.

Paul/ Golgfag1

Fimm McCool

If the last couple of years have been anything to go by most of the tables bookings aren't (at least visibly) open to 'the general public'. People seem to be booking tables to play with mates, which is ok but the open invitational is something I'd like to see preserved, at least with the big tables.

Sounds epic, Paul. Looking forwards to seeing the fruits of your efforts in the flesh.

I agree with you, Fimm. Some open tables are good for the event. Lots of work for the organisers though, so kudos to them.

Zoglet

Paul - think I am already on your list, but would love a spot on Day 1 (Friday) please. Thanks ! Iain

Scalene

I'm going to be doing a Space Hulk Campaign in 2 parts on Friday afternoon and Saturday evening. There will be enough capacity for 6 players at any one time (playing 3 missions at a time), with 2 or 3 rounds of missions planned for each slot. You can play in all of it, or just a single mission. Plenty of space at the moment so let me know and I'll book you in. More info to follow.

"I suspect that it’s all arranged via Facebook these days" - I haven't seen a great deal there to be honest. If last year was anything to go by, only a handful of games were publicly advertised in advance anywhere. BOYL is so anarchic, it's a wonder it works at all. I might try to collect them up and make a list on a thread on this forum.

Looks like I won't be going this year due to family committments. I had three sessions booked for medium sized tables, which I have now cancelled, so they should become available for someone else to book if you want.

Back