[Warhammer Fantasy] Conquer the Chaos Lead Pile

Over the years I have collected quite some Chaos miniatures, of which, of course, the most are part of the Leadpile, and not the painted and ready-to-game forces.

I always had the dream to sit down one day, take those Chaos minis, assemble them and then paint them in one batch. All in one month or so. Yeah... Ain't never goin' to happen, I fear.

Then came Chaos Warrior - Golden Gobbo 2023, where I painted one Chaos Warrior in a couple of evenings. So the idea dawned on me, that instead of never getting any Chaos done, why not from time to time paint one, two or three minis. This will, over time, decrease my Chaos Leadpile, and increase my painted forces.

Better slowly doing little, then never doing nothing at all.

So the plan is, from now on, between other projects, I will slip in the odd Chaos miniature. As Chaos is not uniform, painting different models at different times will surely have me use different colors, techniques and approaches, and will help facilitate that chaotic look.

Well, at least this is the plan...

I will post here whenever I get another mini done. Having to show to the public that I can stick to a plan, with infrequent updates, will hopefully serve me as a motivator :)

As mentioned above, the first mini of this "Conquer the Chaos Lead Pile" long term project was my Golden Gobbo 2023 entry.

PXL_20231124_194302954-w960.jpg

view full sized image

PXL_20231124_194112529-w960.jpg

view full sized image

Reactions: Tex
Thank you. I used traditional shading/highlighting with visible brush stroke movements, then emphasized those with oil washes/filters. When removing the excess oil I again tried to do that in visible motion direction. And some dirty down rust effect here and there.

Last edited:
Back