Oldhammer on easyliveauction

My local auction house, Wessex Auction Rooms, has one of their toys auction on November 24-25, 2022:

Wessex Auction Rooms Toys auction

Among the 1661 lots are some that are likely to appeal to the Oldhammer gang:
Lot 1507 Boxed games: Cosmic Encounters, Battlecars, Warrior Knights, Quirks
Lot 1508 Boxed games: Blood Bowl 1st & 3rd edition, Death Zone, Chaos Marauders
Lot 1509 Talisman 3rd edition

Lot 1611 Blood Bowl 2nd edition
Lot 1612 Machineries of Destruction boxes MD2 Skull Crusher & MD3 Leadbelcher. Regiments of Renown RRD3 Harboth’s Orc Archers & RRD4 Skarloc’s Wood Elf Archers. All boxed & unpainted.
Lot 1613 Bunch of Orc & Dwarf blisters from the ‘80s including a couple of Marauder Giant Black Orc ones.
Lot 1617 Lucky dip of Oldhammer figures with White Dwarf magazines

There are also a few midhammer or newer lots that may appeal to some:
Lot 1510 Deathwatch: Overkill game
Lot 1512 A few Warcry and Age of Sigmar figure boxes
Lot 1515 6th edition Wood Elf army (unpainted)

Full disclosure: The lots in bold are ones that I’ve entered as an experiment. My reflections so far are that the auction house are not very receptive to input on lots or descriptions and that they have strange ideas when it comes to estimates.

FWIW, with the lot numbers listed above, I’m assuming they'll go under the hammer on November 25th in the afternoon.

dazza36

I live 10 miles away, I will definitely be bidding on some !

Estimates seem way off and wouldn't have taken much research to get a more accurate price. Saying that I'd be more than happy if they prove to be right !!!

A local! You could pop in to take a look at any lots you’re interested in.

Care to share where you are? By PM, if you prefer.

Anyway, I get the feeling they deliberately estimate on the low side. There are buyers fees on top though. 17% + VAT on telephone & commission bids. A bit more for ones via easy live.

dazza36

Melksham boy.

Sadly work will stop me from going in person but have signed up to bid and will have my phone on me.

dazza36

Well never stood a chance on items I was looking at. When you add on fees feel I can get a better deal through Ebay. Still was exciting LOL

What were you bidding on, the blisters & boxed sets?

My seller’s take was that the prices were OK though I think I could have done better selling myself. I’d put in bulky lots which would have been a PITA to pack & post. The downside is you don’t get to decide your lots and there’s a seller’s fee to pay too.

dazza36

I bid on a few items, and I guess if I was really interested, I would have gone higher. I think for me the problem was the lots were rather large and I was probably only ever interested in a part of each lot. The blister lot was lovely but to be honest I only really wanted 1 of the packs so could never have justified bidding 300+ for them all. Now I've registered I may keep an eye out on future auctions.

Interesting lot. Inadequately described as usual with this auction house, IMO.

There’s another lot with some Dark Elves, chaos champions etc. that might be worth a punt:
Lot 467

Golgfag1

I watched some of the auction, interesting what sold at the estimated prices and what exceeded expectations - lot 498 fantasy figures estimate £60 - 80 went for £500 :o given from what I could see in the pictures - Citadel pre-slotta Dark elves (which caught my eye) and a whole lot of early stuff, I think someone got caught up in the moment! :lol:

Paul / Golgfag1

The hammer prices often surprise me. Especially considering that buyers will pay 20%+ buyer fees on top and P&P as well if they can’t collect themselves. Nice gig for the auction house who charge the seller a similar fee as well.

I see that the lot I linked to went for £75 and dazza36’s for £170.

FWIW, the chaps at Wessex tell me that they often get dealers and wargames clubs bidding on auctions like these.

Golgfag1

Thanks for sharing, lots of interestiong stuff, but if I recall the last one it all got rather pricey very quickly.

Paul / Golgfag1

dazza36

Golgfag1":3lkmb89o said:
Thanks for sharing, lots of interestiong stuff, but if I recall the last one it all got rather pricey very quickly.

Paul / Golgfag1

Yes I was blown out of the water within 30 seconds of the lot I was bidding on.

Back