Looking for Dragon Masters detailed contents list...

Just scored an used copy on eBay for the princely sum of $20 + 6.25% sales tax + ~$15 postage! Prior to purchasing, I was getting eye strain from looking at the pics and checking the box contents on a PDF of the rules! It looks like all the cards, tokens, coins, banners, villages, towns, castles and ships are there, but missing 2 banner poles and 2 dragons. The contents say 24 dragons, but how many Emperor and how many Battle ones? The box has 8 of the ones from Mighty Empires referred to as Emperor and 14 smaller Battle ones - 2 missing?

ManicMan

Can't say for sure but.. pretty sure it was 2 Emperor dragons per player (so 8) and 4 Battle dragons (so 16).

banner poles are, of course, easy to make up but them battle dragons were unique to the set..

Oh, you probably know but.. White Dwarf #145 gave an expansion so worth checking out. Mostly kinda needs Mighty Empire pieces (allows 5 or 6 players) and some extra tokens

Can't say for sure but.. pretty sure it was 2 Emperor dragons per player (so 8) and 4 Battle dragons (so 16).

banner poles are, of course, easy to make up but them battle dragons were unique to the set..

Oh, you probably know but.. White Dwarf #145 gave an expansion so worth checking out. Mostly kinda needs Mighty Empire pieces (allows 5 or 6 players) and some extra tokens
Had I known about the Battle Dragons being unique, I'd have purchased the game when it was available - didn't notice them in the ad pics in White Dwarf. Had I not been distracted by WFB 4th Edition coming out a year and other games, I'd have gotten DM for the extra plastic pieces and coins for Mighty Empires - didn't know about Blood Royale then. AFAIK, my well worn copy of ME only has one of the tactics cards missing, but it wasn't needed to play, since you consulted a chart.

The banner poles in ME were rather delicate and I think a few broke, but you could play without them using the ownership tokens. Decided to read the rules today and the PDF says the maximum size of one's dragon horde is limited by the number of available models, 2 Emperor and 4 Battle per player. I understand why the number of dragon hatchings are limited, but what if someone owned two boxes and combined the contents? The ME dragons are easy to find on eBay, but no luck with the Battle ones. On Youtube, someone press molded the smaller ones using greenstuff, but maybe I could use melted plastic sprue.

ManicMan

erm.. kinda not gonna talk about recasting copyrighted models ^_^;

Not sure of the size but small minis or stuff for Dragon's aren't too hard to source.

the WD expansion.. Battles dragons are 2 each for 6 players or 3 for 5 players with 3 Emperors per player for 6 or 4 for 5 players.

Banner poles in alot of the games, like with Battle Masters, I never found that useful.. Just paint the figures or something ^_^ but kinda interesting (probably just to reuse of models) they didn't do what most of the GW board games did with different colour plastics for different players.

Or just a bit of metal or cocktail stick to replace the banner poles

Back