huh.. Miniature Figurines?

ManicMan

just noticed a old (i would say early 90s as it's from .. hey, my part of ITV at the time..) UK news report on the company 'Miniature Figurines' who are still going, with brief interview with Neville Dickinson and Dave Higgs sculpting in solder.. thought they had moved away from that in the 90s.. and Iain Dickie and Phil Mackie playing a game kinda.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I think some of the information is.. a bit wrong or misleading but oh well. mostly on 15mm

ManicMan

fair enough, I just thought most (if not all) sculptures how used it has moved away from it by the 90s. Was it just my bad impression that they tried to say the whole field of miniature wargaming 'kinda' started in the south of England, cause.. yeah.. unless I'm greatly missing stuff, I wouldn't have said that at all..

Fimm McCool

All I know is that the quality of Minifigs never improved, so I guess they carried on using the same sculptors using the same techniques.

Golgfag1

All I know is that the quality of Minifigs never improved, so I guess they carried on using the same sculptors using the same techniques.
They've updated the ranges a lot since the 8o's when I was into buying their ranges, which means I'm no longer collecting, as my old stuff doesn't match their new stuff.

ManicMan

I got a couple of there early stuff, (well.. Mythical Earth ME14 - Large Wolf) and.. erm.. yeah.. the fur is a bit.. iffy..

Oliver26

They've updated the ranges a lot since the 8o's when I was into buying their ranges, which means I'm no longer collecting, as my old stuff doesn't match their new stuff.
I don't know what you are saying, because I haven't seen any big changes to the Minifigs:?

Golgfag1

I don't know what you are saying, because I haven't seen any big changes to the Minifigs:?
Mini-figs were a go to range of figures when I started wargaming horse and musket and ancients namely because they were cheap, after forty years plus, they're competing against other manufacturers that produce more details casting thus they've changed their figure designs.

Paul / Golgfag1

Back