• Welcome to the Golden Gobbo painting competition. If you'd like to read some of the ancient history you can on the Realm of Chaos 80s blog.

This competition is held some years and you'll find threads here describing how to enter and when the competition is running (typically after BOYL each year).

Other than the fame and wonderment of your peers there is often a prize kindly donated and you'll have the wonder of being awarded badges for your profile here.

GG 2023 Golden Goblin 2023 - Voting

Cast your vote for your favourite GG23 entry

• Zoat

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Wizard

Votes: 1 3.3%
  • MM11 Dwarf Commander

• Frits von Blom - Underhive Scum

Votes: 6 20.0%
  • Rotstagger the C(areless)18 Zombie

• Chaos Warrior

Votes: 2 6.7%
  • Space Skeleton

• Slann Mage Priest

• SciFi Warrior

• Vermin Lord

• C46 Milita

• Drunken Chaos Dwarf Artist

• Gore-Strom Dragon Ogre

• BBC7 - Heroic Fighter

• Drengi Dwarf Fighter

• Signum

Votes: 3 10.0%
  • Jort Dwarf Champion

Votes: 4 13.3%
  • Goblin Knight on Cockatrice

Votes: 4 13.3%
  • Bellow-hoof Thunderhead Bloodthirster

• Daemonette of Slannesh

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ManicMan

can't remember to tell the truth but it wouldn't surprise me. Often things not covered which appear they should have been etc

Fimm McCool

And we're done for this year...
Thanks to everyone who entered. As has been said it was a great turnout this year and every one a perfect example of the Oldhammer hobby. If we'd allowed people to vote two or three times I don't think there'd be anyone left without a vote (so maybe we should do that next year).
Congratulations to @Sneekid , a clear frontrunner, and to @Geroak II and @Ketil Trout for pulling joint second. If you could let me have your current addresses your trophies will be in the post.
Happy Christmas all, get planning for next year...

EricF

Administrator
If we'd allowed people to vote two or three times I don't think there'd be anyone left without a vote (so maybe we should do that next year).
We can do that, I think it'd be a nice way of doing it. Votes are all equal (so no 1st choice, 2nd choice, etc), but we can allow for multiple choices. I'd have quite liked that as it was very hard choosing one out of even my awesome shortlist. How many votes then? ... 1, 2, 3 ?

ManicMan

erm.. even though it's Oldhammer.. can we agree to not do it via a random number generator to roll the number of votes per user? ^_^

Loose Loser

Natural 1 always fails. So if 1 is rolled, no votes for that year, just gallery of nicely painted miniatures. Even better, D6 roll for one you like haha

Sleepysod

Congratulations to everyone who took part! Deserved winners. Just pleased I received at least one vote this year, and no it wasn‘t from myself ;)

Sneekid

Wow, thanks everyone!
I'd caught the end date as Dec 31st as well, so this is a pleasant surprise!
Again, awesome with so many entries, and a lot of really good and characterful ones too!

Back