• Welcome to the Golden Gobbo painting competition. If you'd like to read some of the ancient history you can on the Realm of Chaos 80s blog.

This competition is held some years and you'll find threads here describing how to enter and when the competition is running (typically after BOYL each year).

Other than the fame and wonderment of your peers there is often a prize kindly donated and you'll have the wonder of being awarded badges for your profile here.

GG 2022 GG22 Voting Thread

Cast your vote for your favourite GG22 entry

• 38-Year Ali

Votes: 2 8.3%
  • Giant Marauding Ogre

Votes: 8 33.3%
  • Hrothyogg

Votes: 1 4.2%
  • Mad Greg

Votes: 4 16.7%
  • Matthog

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nagash

• Skeggit and Scraggit

Votes: 4 16.7%
  • Skeleton Champion

• Slave to Darkness

• Snotling Pump Wagon

• Tyrell of Arden

Votes: 3 12.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Fimm McCool

Time to vote!

Thanks to everyone who entered. It all looked glorious and this is just a formality as you have all won. Nevertheless, let the polling commence!

38-Year Ali
1984%20Ali.JPG

Giant Marauding Ogre
giant%20ogre.jpeg

Hrothyogg
Hrothyogg.jpg

Mad Greg
Mad%20Greg.jpg

Matthog
Matthog.jpg

Nagash
Nagash.jpg

Skeggit and Scraggit
Skeggit%20and%20Scraggit2.JPG

Skeleton Champion
Skeleton%20Champ.JPG

Slave to Darkness
Slave%20to%20Darkness.jpg

Snotling Pump Wagon
Snotling%20Pump%20Wagon2.jpg

Tyrell of Arden
Tyrell%20of%20Arden.jpg

Lestodante

Great entries. All of them are looking good. On this kind of competition we are also influnced by the mini itself!

Fimm McCool

Sleepysod":1h6djho4 said:
Have you ever had a tie before? All are deserving

I can't remember, I think we had a tied second once...

Lestodante":1h6djho4 said:
Great entries. All of them are looking good. On this kind of competition we are also influnced by the mini itself!
Indeed. I often think this competition is influenced as much by choice of model and creativity as on technical ability, which is as it should be.

ManicMan

A good model with a bad paintjob can look bad, and a bad model with a good paintjob can look good.
Choice of model is part of the creativity (though also in what you can get) as well as the paint.

Sleepysod

Bumping this back up to the top of the forum. Looking like there is a clear leader, who’s fighting it out for second and third? (clue: not me this year!)

Fimm McCool

Thanks for your votes everyone and congratulations to a very clear winner!
Aside from the giant marauder a close run contest with an excellent quality of offerings throughout.

Mr Trout I will be in touch to arrange your prize. :)

Loose Loser

Yeap, Ogre is a killer. Congrats! and congrats to all. Nice to see many entries ( compared to some years if I not mistaken where you could count entries on one hand ).

Back